Sailboats

Reaction score
Would love to see sailboat footage for ideas. I shot this the other day, launched from the deck and hand caught landing. pretty sketchy.

mauiboy86 said:
spanktimonious said:
Some folks might raise the issue of the FAA and commercial use but I think you're way underneath their radar.

So sick of the feds trying to rule every aspect of everything in this country.. super annoying! They only want the tech for nefarious reasons and only for themselves. When a simpleton wants to create art for others using a toy, they get harassed by the ever increasing fascist corporatocracy called 'Merica.

You just took the words right out of my mouth, my friend.

Beautiful video! Keep 'me coming!

Spot on... First class use of Phantom and restrained shooting makes it a joy to watch.

Don't be so hard on the Feds. Sooner or later someone is going to cause a big incident that will refelct badly on all of us. If we don't work with them then they will just say "stuff you lot, you are confiend to flying these things from designated site" and we don't want that do we!?!

Theres the problem, for the hobbiest, like me and many others, we like to stay under the radar, fly for fun--make great videos to share with our friends and family, remain low key, stay out of media spotlight. But there are those who wish to fly commercially--make a profit, many on this site, that want the issue to be raised so that they can fight the FAA for the right to fly commercially. Everyone has a reason, lets just hope no one drops a Phantom out of the sky and damages property or life. If it does, don't post it on the internet!

Great job on the video too! makes me miss the warm weather.

In the UK it is not a problem using a drone for commercial photography. You go get tested. Prove you can fly your machine and understand the law (so you don't fly it down the intake of a 747!). Don't think that is asking too much.

In the USA the rules for flying (proper aeroplanes for fun) is so much more relaxed than Europe. Machines you can homebuild and register as experimental are way beyond what is allowed here. I would hope the FAA are working on similar rules that are not too restrictive, recognising the use of drones in photography, accident and emergeny situations, surveys, etc. Don't go out of your way to wind the FAA up they are not all bad guys.

Fair Game said:
In the UK it is not a problem using a drone for commercial photography. You go get tested. Prove you can fly your machine and understand the law (so you don't fly it down the intake of a 747!). Don't think that is asking too much.

In the USA the rules for flying (proper aeroplanes for fun) is so much more relaxed than Europe. Machines you can homebuild and register as experimental are way beyond what is allowed here. I would hope the FAA are working on similar rules that are not too restrictive, recognising the use of drones in photography, accident and emergeny situations, surveys, etc. Don't go out of your way to wind the FAA up they are not all bad guys.

Here in the US, they are continually becoming more and more authoritarian in Nature.. Here is a proposed bill for the state of Hawaii. Legislature wants to ban drones for private use and only allow for law enforcement.. We need to stay on top of our legislature starting now and prove how we the people should be the only ones with the tech and not the government.. The feds have given it all a bad name by killing and spying with it and should be the last to have it. Hawaii Bill http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/measure_i ... umber=2608

mauiboy86 said:
Fair Game said:

Here in the US, they are continually becoming more and more authoritarian in Nature.. Here is a proposed bill for the state of Hawaii. Legislature wants to ban drones for private use and only allow for law enforcement.. We need to stay on top of our legislature starting now and prove how we the people should be the only ones with the tech and not the government.. The feds have given it all a bad name by killing and spying with it and should be the last to have it. Hawaii Bill http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/measure_i ... umber=2608

That is not good and the reason why we don't want to give anyone a good excuse to ban us.

When I lived in the Middle East (long before the current problems) all remote control cars, planes, etc., were banned - for security reasons!!! Funny how kids over there can't play with RC toys but they get to use automatic weapons.
A few years ago our RAF wanted more and more control over airspace and to exclude private aircraft. They reasoned they were protecting our freedom. If protecting our freedom is to deprive us of our freedom to fly over our own countryside then it's a bit of a home goal!

And lastly, one of our police forces was warned about flying a quadcopter to monitor crowds at sports events - the operator wasn't properly trained or licensed and was flying dangerously close to people.... Ops!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl