Sailboat Mast

Reaction score
IMG_3803.JPG
Put our mast up last week and left the main halyard at the top.

The mast is only 26' (30' from deck) so I can probably put a ladder part way up and use an extension pole to hook it.

But that got me to thinking: if I put a 2-3' long pole in front with a fish hook and line on it, might be able to use the drone to hook it on. It's a little tricky because a "crane" (horizontal extension about 9" long) is at the top of the mast so I can't go straight up or down, have to approach from the side.

Anyone ever try something like this? Here's what it looks like, but instead of the line coming down there's a knot under the crane.

View attachment 84398 Put our mast up last week and left the main halyard at the top.

The mast is only 26' (30' from deck) so I can probably put a ladder part way up and use an extension pole to hook it
Is pulling the boat down an option?
If you can pull it over towards a wharf or higher boat, you wouldn't have to tip so far??

Glad you've sorted it out. :)

If the mast is really that expensive and fragile then it's surprising that you yourself even mentioned and considered the possibility. I wouldn't have..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers