Safest way to buy from a stranger online?

Reaction score
Question: if I want to buy something that someone put in a classifieds section of a forum and paypal is the agreed way, how can I send them the funds with some sense of security and recourse?

Is having them send me a PP invoice the safest way (I get that nothing is totally secure)?

Thoughts?

That's what I've been told. I've paid and been paid a million times via paypal (just sending the money as a gift), but some people are super paranoid.

Not sure what to suggest as an alternative that won't kill you in fees.

Pmcdn said:
That's what I've been told. I've paid and been paid a million times via paypal (just sending the money as a gift), but some people are super paranoid.

Selecting the "Gift" option saves the seller the fees, but it robs you of PayPal's Purchase Protection. You should never choose that option if you are purchasing goods or services.

-- Roger

jadebox said:
Pmcdn said:

Selecting the "Gift" option saves the seller the fees, but it robs you of PayPal's Purchase Protection. You should never choose that option if you are purchasing goods or services.

-- Roger

Which in turn eliminates your possibility of disputing the charge.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1