Safe to fly right out of the box?

Reaction score
Got my vision + a week or so ago! is it safe to calibrate the compass and start flying? Nervous about hearing all of these flyways and don't wanna lose or crash mine first flight!

Bucsfanatic59 said:
Got my vision + a week or so ago! is it safe to calibrate the compass and start flying? Nervous about hearing all of these flyways and don't wanna lose or crash mine first flight!
I was a little worried too.
Just make sure you've read (and understand) the manual and that all of the batteries are charged fully.
I made sure that the firmware was up to date before my first flight too fwiw
You'll be fine.

If you're not getting any errors on the NAZA software and only getting green lights, you're good to go!

Highly suggest going into a large grassy field with prop guards and a friend until you get a hang of how it works.

Good luck! Have fun!

Thanks guys. I had a p2v before. One of my batteries won't charge to full, might have to send it back in. I plug it in and it won't charge to full it just stays off but it only shows 3 bars in the charge

If a battery is over 75% it won't charge. Either run it down below 75% or turn the battery on while it is charging to top it up to 100% if over 75%.

xgeek said:
If a battery is over 75% it won't charge. Either run it down below 75% or turn the battery on while it is charging to top it up to 100% if over 75%.

Ahh makes sense thanks!

Bucsfanatic59 said:

When I got mine, I connected her to my PC, installed the drivers and Assistant/RC Assistant. Switched to NAZA mode, enabled IOC and set my range limits, then calibrated the controller. Once the batteries were charged I fired her up, calibrated the compass, and away I went. She's been flying perfect ever since. Made my 38th flight yesterday. Very happy with the Vision+! :D

It all depends on what your definition of "safe" is....

Bucsfanatic59 said:

Words of advice......
1). Listen to the advice about finding a large open field with no trees or people.
2). Once in the middle of the field, perform the compass calibration. Read the procedure carefully and follow it.
3). With all the batteries fully charged and both S1 and S2 in the up position, remove the lens cap and gimbal brace.
4). Turn the Tx on and listen for the beep and the green light.
5). Power on the battery in the Phantom. It requires a special sequence to turn on and off. Read and follow. Now, pay attention to the lights on the underside rear of the Phantom. WATCH CAREFULLY as they will blink slowly yellow for a long time (flash about 25 times), then flash fast green. This means the Phantom has found a minimum of 6 GPS. Then fairly quickly, the fast flashing green will change to slow flashing green. This means you have stored the home position. Don't fly without 6 Satellites and a home position. Don't fly unless you've watched the lights go through all these sequences.
6) Switch on the Range Extender. And link it to your mobile device. Read the procedure and follow.
You're now ready for fun. Take off straight up, hover at about 10 FT, take a breath and relax the Phantom should just sit there and not move with your fingers off the controls. Give it some forward direction and some more altitude and have fun.

WARNING! Do not descend straight down! Always use some forward or sideways motion when descending to keep your props in clean air and avoid prop wash issues.......in other words, avoid the dreaded "just fell out of the sky and crashed and broke the camera and gimbal" post later tonight.

I'd do some animal sacrifice before first flight to be sure. Normally a live animal is required, but I think a bucket of KFC chicken might do the trick.

yawnalot29 said:
I'd do some animal sacrifice before first flight to be sure. Normally a live animal is required, but I think a bucket of KFC chicken might do the trick.

I'm not sure KFC chickens were ever alive! :D

RedRyderMedia said:
yawnalot29 said:

I'm not sure KFC chickens were ever alive! :D

when i got mine i updated the software own the tx then the plus, then compass calibrate.
and yes.. kfc chickens are alive for 6 days. They pump them with enough chemicals to take them from birth to full grown in 6 days. and they never have beaks or feet. FACT!
I don't eat KFC anymore. but i did love the fries, biscuits, and cole slaw there lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers