Safe to fly no gps?

Reaction score
Hello all. I just bought a Phantom 3 standard 2 days ago. It is a very interesting machines for sure. Not sure if I have a issue with mine or not. Anyhow on my app when I power it up I like to keep it to where it says "safe to fly GPS" but for some reason it's hard to get and most of the time it says safe to fly non gps. On the left of the screen a little warning pops up and says you are in atti mode. The last time I flew it, it was on gps mode and after 12 min it switched itself into non gps mode.
My transmitter is set in the middle on that S1

Are you outdoors with a clear view of most of the sky?
Yes. It was as clear as anyone could wish for and very open with no power lines. Was a ball field next to a corn field. Lots of room to play. I have to look at the books and see what I'm doing wrong.

OK, I take mistakes personally. Was the link bad or did Ruffy miss the tabs?

Start with both switches up, you got a lot more reading to do, have you downloaded the manual?
Check out this link
DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

I've been having the same problems Ruffy is having, but with my P3P, has anybody found a solution? And before you ask, I have been flying phantoms for over a year, I have read the P3P manual twice and gone through the tips link you guys posted. I have re-calibrated, I am not flying near anything that would mess up gps, and I still can't get the P3P more than 20ft away from me before it goes red, not safe to fly gps. I almost sent it back to DJI but I have been on two other forums and found many people with the same exact problem. If anybody has some new ideas, please let me know, thanks!

I've been having the same problems Ruffy is having, but with my P3P, has anybody found a solution? And before you ask, I have been flying phantoms for over a year, I have read the P3P manual twice and gone through the tips link you guys posted. I have re-calibrated, I am not flying near anything that would mess up gps, and I still can't get the P3P more than 20ft away from me before it goes red, not safe to fly gps. I almost sent it back to DJI but I have been on two other forums and found many people with the same exact problem. If anybody has some new ideas, please let me know, thanks!

Well, got my P3P back from DJI, they said they had to replace a couple parts and that it was fixed and ready to go. (Work order is attached) Took it out 3-4 days ago, and guess what, SAME EXACT PROBLEM!!! It would give me green safe to fly gps before take off, once I was more than 10ft in the air, it switched to red, no gps. I tried re-calibration compass, rebooting it, made sure all firmware was up to date, and still no good. I took it out again yesterday and had the same problem, I think DJI is going to have to send me a whole new quad, this is ridiculous!

FullSizeRender.jpg

What happened to ruffy? Did the Russians take him away

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4