Safe flying Phantom

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm really attracted to this new world to me. I'm coming from the professional aviation environment and I've warn that here in Spain the Aviation Safety Agency (AESA), is planning to normalize this kind of flying quadcopters.

Now the question is where can I have a look in the USA normalization to be informed prior to set the rules of those kind of flights ? My bee in the FAA? ICAO?

If someone can help me to find them out, I'll be much appreciated.

Im just an ordinary UK bloke and am guessing as to your meaning of normalize. In the US its the FAA and advisory I understand, in the UK its CAA and law. Lots of posts here on this forum and google. I suggest you search.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8

tonydotigr said:
I'd really like to see a PDF similar the FAA has for United States.

Unfortunately, or not , there currently isn't one. There is an advisory for operating RC aircraft in U.S. airspace and as of now, use of aircraft to capture or record photos or videos for commercial purposed requires a commercial pilots license. However, and I'm not a lawyer, some are working around this rule by charging only for the editing of said footage or photos. Whether or not this would hold up in court if it ever came to that is anyone's guess. You do so at your own risk.

Again, I am not a lawyer.

If you're looking for a "model" of regulations for safe flying from the US, you're not going to find it. There are no regulations at present. There is a 30 year old single-paged advisory document from the FAA that does very little to meet today's needs. So, you will need to look to other countries for leadership in this space as the FAA has failed the US miserably on that front.

Thank you so much Peter, but that takes more than five minutes to understand.

IGIS said:
Thank you so much Peter, but that takes more than five minutes to understand.

The French have a joke about themselves; they say, "In the UK and the USA, you can do whatever you want as long as there is no law saying you can't. In France, you can't do anything unless there's a law that says you can."

What's it like in Spain?

I think that in our country there is at least one law for every thing. The only problem is that too many times they are not respected.

Coming back to the RPAS, I'm afraid of what will happen during the next few months...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr