Sad fly away story?

Thank you very much for your input guys.

At the very least I'm guetting experience from this sad episode.

One thing still annoys me however: if the home point wasn't correctly set, howcome the APP was correctly displaying it in the radar, according to the Figure 69 of page 51 of the manual?

EDIT: Does the vision app have any kind of log data that could be usefull on better understanding what happened?

Very sorry about your loss. It´s easy to be after vise...
Next time you can avoid the following misstakes:
* CHECK GPS AVAILABILITY FOR THE TIME YOU INTEND TO FLY! (Use: http://satpredictor.navcomtech.com and/or GPS Plan app or similar)
* IF you really must take off with <7 satellites fly ATTI and LOS and/or set new home point when >7 satellites. But better wait for Green lights only on ground.
* Confirm your Home Point! Specially if you set your Home Point in air!

Hope somehow you find it! It would think that it has auto landed somewhere not too far from where you where looking.

The fact that you got the wifi near the point Find my Phantom indicated suggests that it could not have been a hard crash with battery flying out. Did you have full wifi signal at the spot you where looking? For more than an hour?
I suppose you tried to regain FPV an telemetry several times?
Have you checked satellite availability for the time you flew? If she goes in and out of >7 satellites she might just auto land and/or set a new home point by itself!

XL-Studios said:
Very sorry about your loss. It´s easy to be after vise...
Next time you can avoid the following misstakes:
* CHECK GPS AVAILABILITY FOR THE TIME YOU INTEND TO FLY! (Use: http://satpredictor.navcomtech.com and/or GPS Plan app or similar)
* IF you really must take off with <7 satellites fly ATTI and LOS and/or set new home point when >7 satellites. But better wait for Green lights only on ground.
* Confirm your Home Point! Specially if you set your Home Point in air!

Hope somehow you find it! It would think that it has auto landed somewhere not too far from where you where looking.

The fact that you got the wifi near the point Find my Phantom indicated suggests that it could not have been a hard crash with battery flying out. Did you have full wifi signal at the spot you where looking? For more than an hour?
I suppose you tried to regain FPV an telemetry several times?
Have you checked satellite availability for the time you flew? If she goes in and out of >7 satellites she might just auto land and/or set a new home point by itself!

I Checked GPS Plan before flying, the App reported 7 to 8 satellites for that hour period which are consistent with the data I got at 100 meters.

XL-Stud...

Thanks for that link. I never get more then 6-7 GPS sats and sure enough, when I usually fly, that's how many it says I should have.

Jimmy

Can someone do a quick video (or point us to one) showing the green light pattern (first, then second)?

I've watched a lot of vids, and this 2nd flashing set is also new to me.

Thanks! Jimmy

JamesD said:
Can someone do a quick video (or point us to one) showing the green light pattern (first, then second)?

Thanks! Jimmy

You likely won't see the second set unless you are in NAZA mode.

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Yeah I always get the second set before I turn on the motors
The second set means ready to record on motor start. So you could get the second set, not start the motors, carry the phantom to a different location, start the motors and that different location is the home position. The position is available on the second set just not stored until you start motors. The second set just means gps position is being calculated.

JamesD said:

Thanks! Jimmy

Watch the reflection of the Phantom's lights at around 1:35. You will see TWO sets of rapid green flashes several seconds apart:

http://youtu.be/pwVOyUpOWUA

BlackTracer said:
Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Yeah I always get the second set before I turn on the motors
The second set means ready to record on motor start. So you could get the second set, not start the motors, carry the phantom to a different location, start the motors and that different location is the home position. The position is available on the second set just not stored until you start motors. The second set just means gps position is being calculated.

Ah - that would explain it. Thanks.

I noticed that after the power up escalating tones, in the video, it did not have the 4 additional beeps that mine exhibits.

N017RW said:
I noticed that after the power up escalating tones, in the video, it did not have the 4 additional beeps that mine exhibits.

Do you have a pv2+??? The pv2+ doesnt make the additional 4 beeps that the p2 or pv2 non + make.

P2 only. :)

I still don't get why DJI Vision App was showing the Home icon right where it was supposed to be if I had not homelocked correctly.

I have never once used the find my phantom app or used the directional compass in the app because I don't trust it. I certainly wouldnt us as a confirmation as a homelock. In my eyes, if you lose line of sight its gone. Even simpler is, if you are prepared to fly any RC craft, be prepared to lose it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl