Sacrificial Phantom- What would you like to see

Reaction score
I have my old Phantom and probably won't be using it much more. I will not buy any more batteries for it and I am not one to keep many things I don't use.

I am willing to sacrifice it for a worthy video.
I am not saying that it would have to be sacrificed but if it was it wouldn't be a problem.

If you guys or girls have any ideas I am all for considering them.

-The camera must be salvageable (super padded)
-Depending on idea I will record from ground as to see the Phantom too.

Whilst I understand the desire to keep the camera salvageable, it does choke all of my ideas LOL

marcus_canada said:
Whilst I understand the desire to keep the camera salvageable, it does choke all of my ideas LOL

Well, if you got an idea that would require just a ground camera, that is possible but it would have to be a really good one.

No I can't send it into a live volcano.
Besides I don't fly in planes so I can't go anywhere exotic. That is why I have a fascination with cameras in flight. I can't go up myself. I always get my wife to record me some video when she flies.

Setup a 200m 'challenge path' where it goes through fire, water, ice, swinging heavythings, etc and see how far it can go :)

len750 said:
Fly over a prison! :lol:
Ensure the wife brings bail money and gets it on video. If you escape you can turn yourself in with video proof when you get on Americas Most Wanted...

I think you need to "foam in GoPro in mount" then go for world record height - straight up until you run out of battery

Been watching the crazy FPV videos of ARENDATOROVnet. He uses a F450 frame (or F550, I'm not familiar with flaming wheels) and does crazy low flights around Koh Samui area of Thailand. He goes in tight spaces, over\under electrical lines, through back alleys on a seemingly endless journeys (well his videos go for 7-9 minutes).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCSTVpOFC-s

I read that it's possible by using another quad acting as a relay station to maintain vertical line of sight.

So.. I think you should build an automated relay station with that spare quad of yours :geek:

Just have it fly to 6-70m height (optionally drift 2-300m 'forward' to get strategic position) and hold position until a preset time\battery threshold then engage RTH.

longtravel said:
If you reverse the props can it fly inverted? Give that a try.

Interesting. Would have to be in manual mode at the least. Still not sure what the systems inside would think of it. Using it as a test bed is maybe another use for it.

Find an unsuspecting Phantom Crash Victim or someone trying to get started and give it to them.

I do like the reverse prop idea though.

give it to the STEM guy. Why destroy something that can teach our next generation. Those kids need all the help they can get. Have you seen their role models?

Attachments

• kim-kardashian-kanye-west-fashion-fun-with-bar-refaeli-04.jpg
    kim-kardashian-kanye-west-fashion-fun-with-bar-refaeli-04.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 338

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31