Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

S2 Switch

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by JWarren, Jun 20, 2014.

1. JWarren

I'm sorry for all the questions and posts, but I'm anxious to learn. I just wanted to get this right. On the S2 switch, I'm to keep it in the up position and if anytime I lose sight of the PV2+ I can move it all the way down and pull "down" on the right hand control and it will bring it back to me. Is this correct? Thank you all in advance.

Joel

2. Awilson18

Have you red the manual yet? Watched a video? Not trying to be rude, but, that's probably the best thing to do. FYI...the S2 switch does nothing until you enable NAZA mode.

3. D_Tshudy

Yes, IF you are flying in Naza mode. Your Phantom will arrive to you in Phantom mode and you need to connect to the PC and change some settings to get the IOC controls.

4. N017RW

Yea all that, AND... if you're high enough to clear all the obstacles in your path!

5. JWarren

I understand you not trying to be rude, and yes, I have read the manual, many times, and no where does it address this issue. Nor do the DJI training videos. So from what you are saying it is set up to do nothing now until I get into the DJI and mess with the NAZA mode. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
    Joel

6. D_Tshudy

You're correct, JWarren. Naza mode, home lock, IOC and the like are not addressed in the manual or the DJI videos. Some posts do deserve a strong "RTFM" response but not yours. That Pattay Days page is an excellent description of how to configure and use the IOC features.

7. Awilson18

YouTube....quite a few videos that explain the different settings fused in NAZA mode...

8. Double-D

Do a search for the Naza manual online. It's not the same as the general manual you get from the Vision+ downloads page.
    Tricky Dji, they love too make things confusing

Also search on YouTube there are some great videos.

9. Michigan_PI

Not only just enabling NAZA mode but you have to enable the functions in the Advanced menu after enabling NAZA.
    Also, chose what your Failsafe will be and decide if you are going to assign position 3 on S1 to MANUAL or FS. Personally I recommend setting it to FS.

10. Dadcat

Here are links to what people are directing you to:

Read this 1st-
    http://www.pattayadays.com/2014/03/naza ... -2-vision/

Then download and read this-
    http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... .26_en.pdf

DJI doesn't make the Naza manual easy to find and I don't get the purpose of that. They appear to have the idea that we are too stupid to understand how to set 2 switches and you need to pass some kind of initiation to use Naza. It seems to me it would be a lot safer just have clear directions.

11. Michigan_PI

Many of the posters around here act the same way.

12. Dadcat

Just one more thing. If "Failsafe" was the default for S1 bottom position instead of "Manual", there would be absolutely no need for Phantom Mode. Having RTH on a switch is much safer than turning off the controller and then requiring 2 steps to regain control. I watched a guy crash his new P2V+ in Phantom Mode because he didn't know he had to toggle S1 after turning the Tx back on to get control.