S1 Switch Problem - link to fly aways?

Reaction score
I noticed something interesting...when I'm in the assistant program and I move the S1 switch very slowly, it actually doesn't register the change and stays in GPS mode or ATT mode. If I move it at a normal rate of speed or quickly, then it works as it should. When I move it very slowly, it clicks, but doesn't actually change modes. I'm wondering if this could have something to do with the fly-aways people are talking about.

My theory is that the S1 switch is changing to ATT mode on it's own and the wind is causing the Phantom to float away.

I'm curious if anyone else has that same issue with their S1 switch. Try moving it as slowly as you can and see if the application recognizes the change.

RealDeal said:
I noticed something interesting...when I'm in the assistant program and I move the S1 switch very slowly, it actually doesn't register the change and stays in GPS mode or ATT mode. If I move it at a normal rate of speed or quickly, then it works as it should. When I move it very slowly, it clicks, but doesn't actually change modes. I'm wondering if this could have something to do with the fly-aways people are talking about.

My theory is that the S1 switch is changing to ATT mode on it's own and the wind is causing the Phantom to float away.

I'm curious if anyone else has that same issue with their S1 switch. Try moving it as slowly as you can and see if the application recognizes the change.
The problem with that theory is that if it did change to ATT mode, the phantom would still be responsive to one's input of either of the sticks. A lot of the fly aways are described as flying away (most described as quickly) and not responding to any input...

There could be something to your theory. I have had two fly-aways that I have been lucky to recover from thanks to switching to ATTI. They both happened in GPS mode when less than 6 satellites. The Phantom just started to drift with the wind and did not respond to any control inputs in GPS-mode (S1-up) The wind drift might seem like fast moving if the wind is >6m/s. If my S1 switch would have failed when going from GPS to ATTI it would have been lost for sure. RTH does not work when <5-6 satellites either.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik