S1 switch not responding- Please Help!

Reaction score
Hello,

I just received my Phantom 2 vision a few days ago, and have been going through the set-up/updates in order to have my first flight this weekend. I am somewhat experienced with R/C flying, so I switched to NAZM mode. After watching some videos on changing the toggle settings for the s1 switch, I noticed that my s1 switch doesn't seem to be responsive in the assistant software. I am inside my house during this setup. When I toggle the s1 switch, the modes in the assistant(denoted by blue) doesn't change. At the bottom left it just say its in ATTI mode. I hope that my S1 switch isn't broken. Is there something i can try in the software in order to remedy this problem? Otherwise is there a decent chance that my S1 switch is actually broken out of the box?!? Thanks for any help.

It isn't going to say GPS in the top position due to the fact that you are in the house. While you're in the assistant software the S1 will normal fly in both GPS and ATTI modes and failsafe if you change it. When you look at phone the first positions should say ATTI and bottom should say failsafe that is of couse while you are in the house.

I would have expected the switch position indicator in the software to change regardless of whether it was seeing satellites.
The toggle switches are somewhat flimsy, but I guess you need fly it to see what's really going on.
You could open the controller to see if the wires seem properly attached.
Sounds like a joke but it's always worth turning everything off then on again if you see unexpected behaviour.

Welcome to the Forum :D
In the house In assistant with no sats in bottom left of assistant screen by the 2 lights it will say mode then with S1
Up- GPS
Middle-Atti
Down-Failsafe
The slide denoted in blue will move from one to the others
Make sure to click on the IOC box to have your S2 switch working and S1 set to Failsafe when S1 in down position .
Hope doing what 4wd said helps and I do take it that the controller is switched on . { sorry ,had to ask ]

Thank you all for the quick replies. Yes the remote is on. Ha ha. IN the phantom assistant under the ioc tab, the S2 switch works exactly as it should. As I switch it on the remote, the modes change in the assistant. I opened up the controller and saw no obvious connections that were loose.

So as mysteriously as it stopped working it now appears to be functioning. :roll: I adjusted the switch very slowly and deliberately at first, and then closer to a normal speed. According to the software the toggle seems to function and switch states. If the switch craps out during flight, is there a way to know on the vision app what mode I'm in? Thanks again.

No, but if it was in LOS you could tell just from looking at it . GPS it would just hover in place and if in ATTI it would be drifting with the wind and of course in failsafe it would just go to the height you have it set at and come back to you and land.
If it was BLOS you could just look at the app screen and see what it was doing .
If your app was to crash I would just cut off the TX and that would put it into RTH .
I wouldn't chance it to much and try and find the bad connection before I just replaced the switch.
I have had the S1 go bad on one of my TX'S and found mine on E Bay .
Sorry but had to ask if it was cut on ;)

In the app if you switch over the the ground station part of the app by swiping the screen to the left. That will tell you if you are in atti.gps or fail safe on the upper left of the screen.

and if the switch does ever crap out and they have been known to do that the default is atti being the way the circuit works is atti is when there is no connection between the center wire and the top or bottom positions Of the switch. So if it ever craps out and you try to put in it to fail safe by flipping the switch to the bottom postion If the fail safe contact in the switch is shot then it will not go in to fail safe and it will just be in atti blowing in the wind as far as the wind will take it till its out of range of the radio and goes in to fail safe on its own or intill you turn the power off on the radio to make it go in to fail safe. So if ever in doubt if your switch is crapped out and not sure if its going to go in to fail safe just turn the radio off to be sure. Being that will always make it go in to fail safe when it looses signal from the radio.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj