S1 Switch Malfunctioning

Reaction score
Hi,

I got a P2V Friday (22/11/2013) and updated the firmware on both the craft and the remote, everything works correctly as it should when not in NAZA - Like mode (permanent GPS mode) ...

Now I'd like to go to Naza like mode, but my S1 switch came out of the box slightly messed up, all 3 positions work, but in the topmost position if even remotely touched, it flicks back to the middle mode (not physically, the switch stays up there) but the software shows it in middle mode, it's extremely sensitive and as I'm new to the phantom I'd like to stay in GPS for now, but I also want to enable IOC, which requires Naza like mode, and it was shipped to me so sending it back will take too long for me, anyone know of a guide for fixing a 3 way toggle switch like that ... it appears the top contact is just slightly out of the correct position...

Thanks,
Chris

If your handy with electronics you can replace the switch with almost any type of 3 way switch, tho, if its only new I'd take it back to the dealer and ask for a replacement or repair.

I'm tempted to try and repair that switch, it's just so tiny... I also don't want to send it back, I finally have my PV and I'm really enjoying flying it ... not gonna send it away for a month just because of that switch, I'll just have to replace the switch or fix it ... I just don't know how'd I'd even start taking that switch apart without tiny pieces flying all over the place =/

Hence why I'm asking here if anyone knows of a guide of some sort that's relevant to this specific switch...

Not worth trying to repair the switch, it's likely to fail again. The top of the switch should unscrew and the switch should come out (in to the transmitter), take it to a radio shack and get them to give you a replacement . . .

Also, short term you could swap the s1 and s2 plugs on the main board? This would make the s2 switch the GPS/atti/manual or fail safe switch.

Ah, switching the two is a brilliant idea! And yea, I can just remove the switch and attempt getting an exact replacement ... that'll be much faster than sending it away ... (also cheaper, shipping)... I'll try that after work and update on what happens :D

Anyone know if there's a technical sheet for the remote somewhere? I want to be sure I got the right toggle switch, just got an

on - off - on, 2A - 120 VAC, 5A - 250 VAC 3 Position toggle switch ....

Any suggestions?

I_100125131082.jpg

Cool! Now the work day just has to pass by so I can go ahead and do this :D if it works I'll replace the other one too, just to sate my OCD...

Check the contacts on the original switch with an ohmmeter, it might not be a single pole double throw center off switch. Compare it to the replacement switch; If the contacts connect to the same positions when switched to each position then that switch is most likely a better quality than the original switch and will work fine. That will also show you where to put each lead, it might not be the same positions as the original switch (see if the original switch is marked, that will make it much easier to wire correctly).

You're probably thinking of a SP3T switch, kind of a rare breed in this form factor. It would have to have four legs in order to be SP3T. The one used in the controller looks to be a simple SP2T w/center off, like the one he posted in the photo.

iDrone

iDrone said:
You're probably thinking of a SP3T switch, kind of a rare breed in this form factor. It would have to have four legs in order to be SP3T. The one used in the controller looks to be a simple SP2T w/center off, like the one he posted in the photo.

iDrone

+1

There is that many different variety of switches it's amazing, that's why I said to take it in to RadioShack etc they should be able to tell the type and supply the same . . .

Another thing I'm not sure about is if they use and resistance etc on either lines, I doubt it, and if they did, the resistors are probably on the PCB in the Tx and not soldered on the switch (as we would have likely noticed them!)

Hey,

I checked the remote last night, it's the correct switch almost to a T, the upper limit on the brought switch just has a 25 VAC and 1A higher limit, the lower limits are 5 volts higher for the stock switch .... I worked late so I couldn't test or install it, but I checked the voltages etc. and it appears like it should work quite well.

-Chris

christian.a803 said:
Anyone know if there's a technical sheet for the remote somewhere? I want to be sure I got the right toggle switch, just got an

on - off - on, 2A - 120 VAC, 5A - 250 VAC 3 Position toggle switch ....

Any suggestions?

I_100125131082.jpg

Where did you get this?
I need to do the same thing.
-Andy

christian.a803 said:
Hey,

I checked the remote last night, it's the correct switch almost to a T, the upper limit on the brought switch just has a 25 VAC and 1A higher limit, the lower limits are 5 volts higher for the stock switch .... I worked late so I couldn't test or install it, but I checked the voltages etc. and it appears like it should work quite well.

-Chris

Where did you get this?

Hi everyone,

I'd like to update, I finally got round to fixing it, works like a dream!

I brought it at Communica (I live in South Africa), it's a store in Midrand.

Regards,
Christian

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues