S1 switch baffled....

Reaction score
Ok, I read somewhere that in PHANTOM mode the lowest position of the S1 switch can be assigned FAILSAFE to be able to select it instead of switching off the TX. After an hour of mucking around with the assistant software, I have determined it can only be done in NAZA mode. In PHANTOM mode, it allows one to calibrate the sticks, but everything is greyed out for the S1/S2 switches.
Anyone shed any light on this?

Phantom_Menace66 said:
Ok, I read somewhere that in PHANTOM mode the lowest position of the S1 switch can be assigned FAILSAFE to be able to select it instead of switching off the TX. After an hour of mucking around with the assistant software, I have determined it can only be done in NAZA mode. In PHANTOM mode, it allows one to calibrate the sticks, but everything is greyed out for the S1/S2 switches.

The manual is a wonderful resource.

shrill mute said:
Phantom_Menace66 said:

The manual is a wonderful resource.

Oh well that's brilliant. Did you think of that all on your own or did you look that up in the manual? Clown...

sar104 said:
It's in the Phantom Assistant, "Basic > RC > Control Mode Switch" - change the drop-down menu on the right side from "Normal Fly" to "Failsafe".
Thank you for the constructive reply, unlike the tool above...lol. I did try to change the drop-down menu from normal fly to failsafe, but it just goes straight back to normal fly. Weird...

Phantom_Menace66 said:
sar104 said:
It's in the Phantom Assistant, "Basic > RC > Control Mode Switch" - change the drop-down menu on the right side from "Normal Fly" to "Failsafe".
Thank you for the constructive reply, unlike the tool above...lol. I did try to change the drop-down menu from normal fly to failsafe, but it just goes straight back to normal fly. Weird...

Did you follow the instructions in the Assistant software - toggle the switch on the controller, check for the correct slider range on the U channel indicator, set the switch to the F/S position, and then change the drop-down menu?

sar104 said:
Phantom_Menace66 said:
sar104 said:

Did you follow the instructions in the Assistant software - toggle the switch on the controller, check for the correct slider range on the U channel indicator, set the switch to the F/S position, and then change the drop-down menu?

I sure did & it is driving me nuts! :roll:
At the risk of looking like a dill, here's what I did:
In PHANTOM mode
Connected USB cable from laptop to controller
Turned on controller & launched the Assistant software app
Selected Basic/RC in the app...
The app says to select a switch & toggle it = It does nothing
It says use the TX sub-trim (what is Tx sub-trim) & end-point function to move the U-slider to turn normal fly zones blue = This doesn't work

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj