S1 & S2 Toggle Positions/Functions?

Reaction score
I've been looking here as well as the manuals - no joy. I know that the toggle "S" switches need to be in the up position when starting the motors, but what do the 3 different positions (top, middle, down) represent on each of the two switches? Where would I find this information? Sorry if this seems an elementary question to ask, but like I said I've searched here, the web, and the manuals with no luck. Seems like relevant information to have and not sure why it isn't part of the controller section of the manual.

Thanks!

Right switch is flight mode, left one is IOC. These functions are only available when in Naza-M mode.

I think it's deliberate on the part of DJI, given the target market of the Vision. I still recommend you get very familiar with flying in Vision mode as it comes out of the box before experimenting with the NAZAM mode. Both things like the manual setting and not understanding how Course Lock works could get people confused at best, and in trouble quickly at worst. That and the LED light signals being completely different and if you've not done your research it could lead you to a "heavy landing"!

All that being said, once you've got your head round it it's not dangerous or difficult - it's just different. As long as you know what you're going to get and are proficient in Vision mode then if you think IOC, Home Lock, etc might be useful to you then no big deal in switching over.

As you say, the switches both need to be in the up position until you have altitude. If you have enabled NAZAM and they are not at the top you will only make the mistake once - when the PV2 appears to have a mind of its own the result may be etched on your memory indelibly.

It is slightly annoying that DJI only very briefly refers to the possibility of switching to the NAZA-M mode... and then does not supply a manual about that mode in the download section of the P2. You can find it in the download sections of the P1/FC40. Together with the NAZA-M Assistant software. No idea whether that will work with the P2 after you switched no NAZA-M mode. Probably not from what I've read so far?

NAZA-M QSG.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers