S1 Failsafe Mode Pros and Cons

Reaction score
P2 arrived today, and since we have steady 25-35 mph winds, suffering through reading the literature instead of running outside and flying it like a crazed 7th grader not knowing what he is doing.

My question is, what are the pros and cons of setting up S1, 3rd position to activating failsafe? I understand the main benefit, if you get disoriented, toggle down and wait for it to come home, always having the option of toggling back up and resuming control. This sounds great, especially to a novice. So what are the downsides? Why is this not default?

A side question, failsafe means, if home position was recorded, return home at a ht of at least 20m and then land, and if home position not recorded or flying without GPS, landing wherever it is. Right?

THANKS!

ghinson said:
P2 arrived today, and since we have steady 25-35 mph winds, suffering through reading the literature instead of running outside and flying it like a crazed 7th grader not knowing what he is doing.

My question is, what are the pros and cons of setting up S1, 3rd position to activating failsafe? I understand the main benefit, if you get disoriented, toggle down and wait for it to come home, always having the option of toggling back up and resuming control. This sounds great, especially to a novice. So what are the downsides? Why is this not default?

A side question, failsafe means, if home position was recorded, return home at a ht of at least 20m and then land, and if home position not recorded or flying without GPS, landing wherever it is. Right?

THANKS!

setting it up in the 3rd position is just a more comfortable way to make the craft go into failsafe vs just turning off the Tx itself.
it also makes it a bit less prone for mistakes if you choose to regain control prior to auto-land.
DJI leaves it off, as well as IOC, just so there's less switches to confuse new users when they first start flying. - and forces them to learn about what they're turning on in the NAZA.

yes, without GPS Or Home location, the craft should land where it's at.
.but it's much more preferable to make sure home location has been recorded and you have more than 6 satellites!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic