S1 drop test

Reaction score
I thought I'd see what happens when you drop a remote controller from 6" onto the S1 switch.
Yeah, worked quite well - it smashed the lever off.

Actually, I just picked it up to charge it. Those nice rounded ergonomic edges of the RC just slipped through my fingers, it inverted and smashed onto the workbench S1 first.

Soldering iron waming up as I type :oops:

Hughie said:
I thought I'd see what happens when you drop a remote controller from 6" onto the S1 switch.
Yeah, worked quite well - it smashed the lever off.

Actually, I just picked it up to charge it. Those nice rounded ergonomic edges of the RC just slipped through my fingers, it inverted and smashed onto the workbench S1 first.

Soldering iron waming up as I type :oops:

OK I have fixed this using a standard subminature SPDT switch and it all seems fine.

However, does anyone know where I can source a pucker DJI RC replacement switch from? The keys in the plastic to prevent it twisting are not quite the same in the switch I have fitted. It will do for a while, but I would like to eventually put a proper one back it.

Ideally from somewhere in the UK ?

Thanks

dirkclod said:
Not where you at but had to get one a few weeks back and did from here but they in the US . http://www.ebay.com/itm/THREE-POSITION- ... 5b0bf877a6

I appreciate you posting dirkclod, it is at least nice to see them on sale somewhere. The furthest I have got is a UK copter dealer who will break an unserviceable RC for spares and sell me a second hand switch - for more than the new one in your link.

Glad you got it fixed. No they do not bounce worth a crap.

Thanks Larry.

ya most toggles dont hold up to well to that. Not even big heavy duty ones

Hey, lookie what I have laying around on my work bench. :D

Pay shipping from Hawaii to your house and it's yours. The only thing missing is the metal collar that holds it in. I used that for something else.

Attachments

• switch.jpg
    switch.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 496
Here's the DigiKey.com part number: 432-1153-ND

Green_Phantom said:

Pay shipping from Hawaii to your house and it's yours. The only thing missing is the metal collar that holds it in. I used that for something else.

* Hand not included.

tcope said:
Green_Phantom said:

* Hand not included.

Meh, for the right price, you never know. it's my left hand, so it's cool. :mrgreen:

SteveMann said:
Here's the DigiKey.com part number: 432-1153-ND

For that mfg/series switch you actually need the Digi-Key# 432-1154-ND.
S1 and S2 requires a center Off, maintained position, which the 1153 does not offer.

Thanks to all for your posts.

Judging by the digikey datasheet, I was a few cycles short of expected electrical life :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4