S1 and S2 switch setting while calibrating compass?

Reaction score
Hello,
I can't seem to get the compass calibrated on my P3S. Is there a particular setting I should use on my S1 and S2 switches? I'm trying everything.
Thank you,
Terry

What happens instead?

Green lights on one side, and red on the other.
Where exactly do you start to see something different when following the video above?

Where exactly do you start to see something different when following the video above?

I really appreciate your help. Getting ready to leave for a while, but will go through the process again later today.
Terry

I really appreciate your help. Getting ready to leave for a while, but will go through the process again later today.
Terry

Ok, I tried again today. I took the drone to a large open field with no wires or transformers around. In the horizontal position, I get blinking green lights. In the vertical position, with camera pointed down, I get solid red lights. I really need to learn to get such a basic setting right. I have a P3P coming, and I have a P4P unopened. I want to learn all the basics, filming, and editing, on the P3 before I even open the other two. I have been flying my P1 and P2. I appreciate your help.
Terry

Last edited:
I get blinking green lights. In the vertical position, with camera pointed down, I get solid red lights.
You shouldn't be seeing either of those light patterns. You're either doing something incorrectly or you might have some kind of hardware problem. The compass calibration process is the same as the P2 (other than your mobile app), so I'm assuming you're doing it correctly.

I just got back from the same field. This time, I took my 11 yr old Son to turn the drone around. Much steadier than I am. I watched the iPad. It worked this time! Same technique. I get all four green blinking lights. Thank you for the link.
Terry

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik