*Solved* GO4 IOS UX issue- S/A/M value settings with control dial. IOS What setting am I on? .

Reaction score
I have a bad habit of pressing C2 on my RC and opening the camera settings that way. There is no indicator as to what setting I have selected for the jog wheel to change. I just press it and then turn until I am controlling the one I want. With the menu closed I can see the indicator highlighted in blue when pressing the wheel to cycle through them. Is there a better way to know what I have selected when the menu is open? The Android version of the DJI app highlights what setting you are on with an arrow or carrot. Am I missing something here? Is whatever selection that is selected, blue in the menu and it's just too bright outside for me to see it?

How do you know what setting you are changing, using the remote wheel on IOS?

Thank you,

Jesse

I have a bad habit of pressing C2 on my RC and opening the camera settings that way. There is no indicator as to what setting I have selected for the jog wheel to change. I just press it and then turn until I am controlling the one I want. With the menu closed I can see the indicator highlighted in blue when pressing the wheel to cycle through them. Is there a better way to know what I have selected when the menu is open? The Android version of the DJI app highlights what setting you are on with an arrow or carrot. Am I missing something here? Is whatever selection that is selected, blue in the menu and it's just too bright outside for me to see it?

How do you know what setting you are changing, using the remote wheel on IOS?

Thank you,

Jesse

For iOS, have you tried changing screen accommodations. It may help seeing the colors outdoors.

1ca637273584f78f82225b58ad69d8d2.jpg

Reactions: K9VXV
For iOS, have you tried changing screen accommodations. It may help seeing the colors outdoors.

1ca637273584f78f82225b58ad69d8d2.jpg

Genius. I will give it a try. They don't call you the Traveler from Tau Alpha C for nothing. Thanks man.

Genius. I will give it a try. They don't call you the Traveler from Tau Alpha C for nothing. Thanks man.

CQ,
I tried these setting today in the real environment and I have mixed feelings about the results; have tested it yet?

I can see the red better when the battery hits the low mark, but the blues on the camera settings are still hard for me. I can clearly which item I have click the wheel to, but hard for me to read the numbers.

It also makes all the colors on the screen, i.e., sky, very vivid. Curious to know how it worked you. I am going to play a bit more with the options.

Cheers

CQ,
I tried these setting today in the real environment and I have mixed feelings about the results; have tested it yet?

I can see the red better when the battery hits the low mark, but the blues on the camera settings are still hard for me. I can clearly which item I have click the wheel to, but hard for me to read the numbers.

It also makes all the colors on the screen, i.e., sky, very vivid. Curious to know how it worked you. I am going to play a bit more with the options.

Cheers

It works great for fixing or improving visibility with certain on screen items but here is my problem:
7e0b517a9c24f626439379dbc341e667.jpg

Notice how all of these settings are in blue? Which one am I on? You can duplicate. Press C2 to open menu if you have it still assigned and then press the button in and scroll, we have no indication of which one is selected here. In Android those little arrow carrots are in blue and only next to the setting we are actually changing.

Please let me know if you can reproduce, if not I will uninstall and reinstall and test further.

Thanks man,

Jesse

It works great for fixing or improving visibility with certain on screen items but here is my problem:
7e0b517a9c24f626439379dbc341e667.jpg

Notice how all of these settings are in blue? Which one am I on? You can duplicate. Press C2 to open menu if you have it still assigned and then press the button in and scroll, we have no indication of which one is selected here. In Android those little arrow carrots are in blue and only next to the setting we are actually changing.

Please let me know if you can reproduce, if not I will uninstall and reinstall and test further.

Thanks man,

Jesse

10-4,
I'll be on it after my batteries charge.

10-4,
I'll be on it after my batteries charge.

Okay, here is what I see in testing:

With each press of the wheel the indicator on the pull down menu does not show you what you are affecting, however if you look above the menu to the camera status bar it changes with each press. I attached some pictures to illustrate each what I see after each press.

Does this help?

dd011eadfa28e9d563ca61c82e83f6aa.jpg
70ca7bacd21b4a45f55ea7d8b3c9480a.jpg
4cd8cb8d75c35379843cfdad0db15d12.jpg

Okay, here is what I see in testing:

With each press of the wheel the indicator on the pull down menu does not show you what you are affecting, however if you look above the menu to the camera status bar it changes with each press. I attached some pictures to illustrate each what I see after each press.

Does this help?

dd011eadfa28e9d563ca61c82e83f6aa.jpg
70ca7bacd21b4a45f55ea7d8b3c9480a.jpg
4cd8cb8d75c35379843cfdad0db15d12.jpg

Traveler,

Thanks man. It helps greatly. You must be using a device with a screen that is larger than 5.5". Sadly on my display that bar disappears when the menu is opened. Which may be the oversight because I bet most everyone is using tablet instead of phone. I think I'll just stop changing settings with this menu open. Thanks again for testing for me!

Jesse

Traveler,

Thanks man. It helps greatly. You must be using a device with a screen that is larger than 5.5". Sadly on my display that bar disappears when the menu is opened. Which may be the oversight because I bet most everyone is using tablet instead of phone. I think I'll just stop changing settings with this menu open. Thanks again for testing for me!

Jesse

Jesse, Happy to try, and yes I am using an iPad Air 2. I didn't think to ask what you were using. If you said it early on, I apologies, I missed it.

I have a iPhone 6 Plus that I will try.

You would think DJI would have something to indicate it, although it can't easy for them to accounting for so variables.

I'll follow up with you.

Tim

Jesse, Happy to try, and yes I am using an iPad Air 2. I didn't think to ask what you were using. If you said it early on, I apologies, I missed it.

I have a iPhone 6 Plus that I will try.

You would think DJI would have something to indicate it, although it can't easy for them to accounting for so variables.

I'll follow up with you.

Tim

Jesse,
I now totally see you issue. They don't give you a clue on the phone vs the tablet. The workaround I see is what you likely already know is:

When the menu bar is present vs not and you click the wheel to select an option to change, that option is the selected item when you toggle open (c1 or c2) the advanced menu. Exit, select the next needed item and toggle to advanced again. Better than nothing I guess, but kind of a pain.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

You may want to take the time to email DJI for a recommended change. Couldn't hurt.

Cheers,
Tim

Jesse,
I now totally see you issue. They don't give you a clue on the phone vs the tablet. The workaround I see is what you likely already know is:

When the menu bar is present vs not and you click the wheel to select an option to change, that option is the selected item when you toggle open (c1 or c2) the advanced menu. Exit, select the next needed item and toggle to advanced again. Better than nothing I guess, but kind of a pain.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

You may want to take the time to email DJI for a recommended change. Couldn't hurt.

Cheers,
Tim

Tim,

You are of phenomenal help. Thank you for verifying that you have the same issue. I hate it when the issues only happen to me because then I start to look like Dr Bellows on I dream of Jeannie. I will send the info their way now that we have confirmed. Please let me know when you run into issues that you need help testing and I will be happy to do so, any time.

Take care,

Jesse

Reactions: Traveler

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan