RX or TX problem?

Reaction score
I've got Phantom 1.2 (I think - it is a newer model, but has the receiver with 1 antenna). Recently it lost connection with the TX intermittently. Luckily, failsafe brought it back. I opened it up and followed all the rebinding instructions. Got it to work, but only intermittently. I ordered a new receiver and they (B&H where I bought the Phantom) sent the newer one with 2 antennae.

Here are the symptoms: With the TX off, when I push the bind button on the original receiver, nothing happens. The LED doesn't light up no matter what (and I confirmed power is getting to the RX). Then I installed the new RX (2 antennae). With the TX off the LED lights solid red. When I push the bind button, it flashes a few times, then back to solid red. Turning on the TX at any time during this process gets me nowhere.

So my questions are: 1) should the new RX work on a Phantom that came with the older version? 2) How can I tell if it is in fact the TX that has the problem?

I've tried email support from DJI, but it blows. They answer questions I didn't ask, then tell me to follow the rebinding instructions in the manual, which I told them I had done repeatedly. :roll:

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

You'll need the same type of receiver that came with your v1.2 (somehow, v1.2 is an earlier model than the v1.1.1???)

Or you could find a new/Secondhand Tx that uses DBUS and then use the newer receiver with the dual antennas.

Thanks! That's kind of what I thought, but I couldn't get a straight answer... I'll order the single antenna receiver.

I think you've already got the answer. Your old TX will only support the older RX (1 antenna)

I could really use the dual antenna RX in mine (version 1.2.1 - same as yours) and swat the stock TX for my Futaba 7C radio....is it just plug and play if you swap the RX? Will you just plug your RX to the NAZA module?

Cheers,
Mike

Just to followup on this posting. Last week I FINALLY received a new single antennae receiver from China (Helipal, I think). To make a long story short, I'm flying again. Thanks again for the help.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20