RWA DNG photos

Reaction score
What program(s) is everyone using to open/edit these?
I use a Mac and even wight he DNG plug-ins, I am unable to view, edit or convert these with iPhoto or with Aperature. I assume Photoshop ($) will work with those but is there an alternative?

Thanks

Lightroom on a Mac is fine with the DNGs.

I thought Aperture had the capability of opening them yet I was not able to. I downloaded a converter from Adobe and still unable to do anything with them.
I shot a couple really good pics for my neighbor in RAW mode and would really like to be able to do something with them.

I run my DSLR in RAW + JPEG mode because if I have to do any corrections or editing, the RAW edit much better.

I downloaded Lightroom but haven't installed it yet. I'll chime back in after I've taken it for a test drive.

DNG is Adobe's proprietary RAW format. When I shoot RAW on my Nikon it's a NEF file.... every company has their own proprietary version. DJI adapted the DNG format probably because it was easier than programming their own version and getting software companies to adapt to another format.

DNG will open and perform best in an Adobe software program (Lightroom, Photoshop, etc) because that software is designed to manipulate that file, but Aperture should be able to open it with a plug-in. I don't use Aperture myself because Adobe's software is so powerful so I can't offer instructions on doing so.....

Lightroom is the best "bang for your buck" way to edit. The software isn't very expensive and the DNG file will give much more bit depth and dynamic range to edit from. Adobe also recently provided an update that gives the lens correction for the DJI Phantom so it removes the distortion and warping from that fisheye lens.

Kristen

I've been using "Raw Therapy" which is free, but undoubtedly nowhere near as good as an Adobe product...

-slinger

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1