Running P3 motors without props

Reaction score
hello,

So I am brand new to the DJI Phantom world. I have a Phantom 3 Advanced. I wanted to retrieve some pictures off the Sd card onto my phone so I put the phantom on my table and turned it on and went through the process. Whenever I turn the aircraft on inside I take the props off to be safe.

Well, stupidly, when I loaded up the camera view I was playing with the control sticks and I stupidly put them in the takeoff position and the engines started up. Even if the props were on it wouldn't go anywhere cause they were just idling and I immidtly did the command to shut them off again.

End of the day, I'm really worried cause I heard that it's bad to turn the engines on without the props on, will my phantom be ok? Will I need to do any repairs? They were only on for a second but I'm still scared.

hello,

So I am brand new to the DJI Phantom world. I have a Phantom 3 Advanced. I wanted to retrieve some pictures off the Sd card onto my phone so I put the phantom on my table and turned it on and went through the process. Whenever I turn the aircraft on inside I take the props off to be safe.

Well, stupidly, when I loaded up the camera view I was playing with the control sticks and I stupidly put them in the takeoff position and the engines started up. Even if the props were on it wouldn't go anywhere cause they were just idling and I immidtly did the command to shut them off again.

End of the day, I'm really worried cause I heard that it's bad to turn the engines on without the props on, will my phantom be ok? Will I need to do any repairs? They were only on for a second but I'm still scared.
Don't worry no damage had been done. It isn't going to hurt your motors

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj