Running DJI Go App on multiple devices ???

Reaction score
Newbie here. My Phantom 3 Advanced arrives on Monday. To prep I've been reading the manual, watching tons of videos, etc. Initially I plan to use the DJI Go App on my iPhone 5S to activate my P3A and to initially fly P3A. After I save up some cash (since I just dropped a lot on my P3A bundle) I eventually play to buy an inexpensive tablet so I can have a large screen, etc. Thhe question I have is, can after the initial activation on my iPhone 5S can I then switch to different devices to fly my P3A? If yes, do I need to transfer any configs, settings, etc?

In addition, knowing that using to run the DJI Go App will quickly drine the battery on my iPhone 5S I'd like to have a secondary device (ex. iPad mini 3 / small table) on standby. Also, I may be upgrading to a new iPhone soon and want to know what happens when I switch phones.P

Any help will be appreciated.

I have on my iPhone 5S.. Screen is to small. Ended up buying a iPad mini 2. The P3S runs on either. The bird links to its own wi-fi network that IT makes.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I mostly use an iPad Air 2 but when in a pinch, I will switch to my iPhone 6 Plus. I don't have any issue switching between the devices but you may want to get into the habit of making certain the dji go apps are on the same version (though not necessary but recommended). Each flight data will be stored on the device used to fly with.

I have an old iPad 2. The screen will be large enough. But with that older device have enough processing power to properly run the DJI Go App / handle the video?

So far, all is well with the iPad 2. I bought the iPad SOLELY for my bird. You might need to delete some apps if it loaded up with them. Go to settings, general, then about to see how much room you have on your old iPad. Hey,don't be discounting us "old stuff". Lol

Forgot to say I run and iPad 2 MINI

I was able to install the app on my ipad2, but I won't know how well it works until I get my P3A and attempt to set things up.

Last edited:
I've had no problems. You should be fine. Go forth and fly.

I would like to install in on my lab top???
You cannot install DJI GO on a laptop. You can install it on more than one Android/Apple mobile device though. Download and install DJI GO from the app store on your mobile device.

Why??? That is nuts! There's so many quirk's about this products! They just sent me a new one after my first one was deemed defective! Now I have a new one and it needs firmware upgraded! The firmware upgrade has been out for months? They could have did that before they sent it to me! They said they checked everything? The phantom 3 business gets worst as every day goes by!

Reactions: Robbie1
Newbie here. My Phantom 3 Advanced arrives on Monday. To prep I've been reading the manual, watching tons of videos, etc. Initially I plan to use the DJI Go App on my iPhone 5S to activate my P3A and to initially fly P3A. After I save up some cash (since I just dropped a lot on my P3A bundle) I eventually play to buy an inexpensive tablet so I can have a large screen, etc. Thhe question I have is, can after the initial activation on my iPhone 5S can I then switch to different devices to fly my P3A? If yes, do I need to transfer any configs, settings, etc?

In addition, knowing that using to run the DJI Go App will quickly drine the battery on my iPhone 5S I'd like to have a secondary device (ex. iPad mini 3 / small table) on standby. Also, I may be upgrading to a new iPhone soon and want to know what happens when I switch phones.P

Any help will be appreciated.
Regardless of the device you start on, you can fly the drone on anything, due to it using Wifi based connection, just make sure to sign into your same DJI account.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic