Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Runaway Phantom

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gordon Low, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Gordon Low

Dec 1, 2014
    Hi. Can anybody give me some advice? I recently purchased my DJI Phantom 2 Plus here in NZ. I'm new to these things and on my third flight, after things initially going very well, the thing headed off at speed into a forest casing quite a bit of damage. I broke the blades, guards and bent the camera gimball. I was amazed that there was anything left at all, it hit with such force! Nothing I could do on the controller worked.I followed all the procedures stated in the book and have updated all the sofrware. Any suggestions out there?
  2. turbodronepilot

Nov 5, 2014
    Hey there ..sorry to hear u had a bad flight ...I crashed my p2v+ on my 3rd flight too,pilot error. ..got lucky that I was able to repair the damage myself. .good thing is that I learned what not to do..haha.. anyway from your description of your crash it's hard to say,but from reading many posts about flyaways I'd say that most likely you had a problem with your compass calibration or some type of magnetic interference. .good luck in your future flights. .turbodronepilot. .