Rude email response from DJI (funny)

Reaction score
This actually gave me a good chuckle this morning.

I received an email a couple days ago about an Independence Day offer for free prop guards and shipping on a P2V+ Order. I decided to try to reply to it, though usually such a reply wouldn't actually get to someone. I said:

"Can't believe you're still pushing the sale of these before improving your customer service, fixing the video connection problems everyone is having."

Now, granted, I was being a little rude and not "everyone" has been having the video connection problems, but I figured I was venting to a bot email address. I got this initial response:

"Dear our beloved customer, Your request (109589) is being received and under processing. For further inquiries, feel free to reply this email"

Hmm interesting. Then I got this from "Storeagent02" this morning:

"Dear Doug, Thank you for the precious opinions. We do appreciate that. We will try to improve them soon."

My "precious opinions" ha! Well it's more of a response most of us get from their customer support I guess!

I think you'll be amazed that their service has completely turned around, at least in US. Not only does LA facility do repairs, they've now authorized a handful of others around the US and Canada to do repairs. I've been harping on them since January to address this issue and finally spoke directly to Andy, director of sales regarding it. (I've been ordering parts directly from DJI to do repairs and they questioned "why so many")

From info I'm receiving from them, there's alot of changes coming to improve customer service, (YES we've all heard that before) product testing and new releases.

That's good to hear. I, luckily, haven't needed anything repaired. Maybe it's the wrong term to use, but by "customer service" I was more referring to the slowness to respond to the video link issue, slowness to update app and copter firmware. I still think the video problem is an over temp issue (hardware) and if they know this, they know it would be expensive to solve, and they might be intentionally withholding information. I'd rather them use their website and youtube channel to post an honest response to the issue rather than just keep launching products and posting new flight videos.

My P2V+ arrived without the maintenance kit described in the manual. I e-mailed DJI and waited - about a week. I got a reply asking for my address so they could send it to me. I replied. About three days later, I got a response closing the incident as the parts were sent. A few days later, the kit was in my mailbox. So, while the responses took a few days longer than I expected, I certainly have no complaints.

PhantomPhyler said:
My P2V+ arrived without the maintenance kit described in the manual. I e-mailed DJI and waited - about a week. I got a reply asking for my address so they could send it to me. I replied. About three days later, I got a response closing the incident as the parts were sent. A few days later, the kit was in my mailbox. So, while the responses took a few days longer than I expected, I certainly have no complaints.

You should have told them there was no Phantom in the box, see if they send you another one! :lol:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31