Rudder expo for smooth panos?

Reaction score
Hey all -

I would love to get smooth pano's while shooting 4K video and I have noticed that when I just spin the Phantom around it moves too fast to get that smooth shot.

So I was thinking I would set the expo on the right and left rudder to make the spins more graceful and slower.

1. is my theory correct?
2. what would you think a good value would be to shoot for to get really nice smooth video pano's without any motion blurring?

Thanks in advance for anyone who might have a thought on this!

Alex

Hey all -

I would love to get smooth pano's while shooting 4K video and I have noticed that when I just spin the Phantom around it moves too fast to get that smooth shot.

So I was thinking I would set the expo on the right and left rudder to make the spins more graceful and slower.

1. is my theory correct?
2. what would you think a good value would be to shoot for to get really nice smooth video pano's without any motion blurring?

Thanks in advance for anyone who might have a thought on this!

Alex

Expo will help, but you might also really want to very slightly lower the gain as well.

Expo will allow for more stick travel before the same level of signal is sent to the drone, but gain will actually make the Phantom respond a bit less enthusiastically to the control input itself.

Basically:

Start with expo, then carefully try adjusting gain as well.

Expo will help, but you might also really want to very slightly lower the gain as well.

Expo will allow for more stick travel before the same level of signal is sent to the drone, but gain will actually make the Phantom respond a bit less enthusiastically to the control input itself.

Basically:

Thanks! will give it a try :)

Reactions: BigAl07
Thanks! will give it a try :)
Let us know how this works. Would be something very useful to know when setting up for a high end video shoot.

Also balance your props.. Huge difference in making the flight smoother.

Is the gain on the same screen as the expo? I may have over looked it. What is a good number?

Basically:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie