Rubbish Video Need Advice

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So I was out today for 4 hours and because of the rain only had this to show for it. Still, it wasn't a wasted journey as I found out I'm not very good lol

The bikes are blurry, I'm guessing that's because they are moving fast but is there anything I can do to change this next time? Someone mentioned the FPS, could it be this?

Also there are points where it went almost fuzzy, could this be the signal due to the weather?

All comments gratefully received.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Ideally you want the recorded video file from the drones SD card which will be in HD, only then can you check the quality properly.

You can buy a MicroSD adapter to USB cheaply ;)

Why is it I can download the photos to my iPad but can't transfer the video files. They would take a lot longer but I can wait [emoji30][emoji30]

Hi,
You have just encountered the perils of photography. Yes the speed of the bikes will make the video blur, if possible set the video shutter speed higher or increase the frame rate. You do not say if you are flying a camera with a SD card in, therefore a stand alone camera or relaying the video to a capture device on the ground. Only the latter set up will be troubled by signal transmission issues. Remember digital photography is subtractive. If you film using the highest and best settings your equipment will allow the results will be the best you can get with what you have. Capturing, copying and editing video all subtracts from the quality. It is impossible to add quality to a low end video. Try again, the key here is to experiment and have fun.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So I was out today for 4 hours and because of the rain only had this to show for it. Still, it wasn't a wasted journey as I found out I'm not very good lol

The bikes are blurry, I'm guessing that's because they are moving fast but is there anything I can do to change this next time? Someone mentioned the FPS, could it be this?

Also there are points where it went almost fuzzy, could this be the signal due to the weather?

All comments gratefully received.

For fast moving subjects you should use the highest frame rate possible with your particular camera. My Phantom 3 Adv can go up to 60 FPS. I would try that and definitely use the video from the SD card in the drone.. Occasionally, the playback software used, or the computer can be too slow processing the video, but the original video will be just fine. Try running it on another computer as a check. Good luck

On the P4 its 24 or 30fps. I was on 24 [emoji43].
Also would it be best to film in 4K (4096) or 3840?

4K isn't all that good for fast motion. Even 30 fps is going to blur bikes. Either go 1080 60 FPS or decide that it's artistically OK to have blur.

If you are just looking at stuff on your iPad, you don't need 4K anyway.

All you had to do was connect the p4 to the computer (with the same cord you use to connect the controller to tablet) and download to computer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.