Rubber screw cover for RC

Reaction score
Can someone help me to find this replacement?
Thanks in advance
dad4274dd4da885c84e22f09b1306ea0.jpg

Last edited:
And dji have binfuls of them, no doubt!!

You need some soft but firm rubber...

I've been giving some thought to this ever since your first post and one idea I came with is to remove the cover on the other side too, cut two pieces of stiff white plastic to the shape required and stick them in place. Finally, hunt around in somewhere like a hardware store for two rubber 'furniture-type' feet, of the required height and stick them onto the plastic on either side.

My second idea was to find an old pair of sneakers/other shoes/anything else appropriate you can think of/ which contains suitable firm grey rubber and with a very sharp craft knife try to carefully fashion an appropriately shaped replacement which can then be stuck in place.

Neither suggestion is ideal nor original I know - and the quality of what you end up with depends on how good you are at improvising/crafting.

Finally: Option 3... Buy an almost totally trashed RC from somewhere very, very, cheap... But that's probably financial madness! :)

Out of interest- how did you lose it? Just dropped off unobserved?

(Added later) How about rubber stick-on repair soles for shoes...? They could be an ideal thickness material.

Last edited:
Reactions: Passo Morgone
And dji have binfuls of them, no doubt!!

You need some soft but firm rubber...

I've been giving some thought to this ever since your first post and one idea I came with is to remove the cover on the other side too, cut two pieces of stiff white plastic to the shape required and stick them in place. Finally, hunt around in somewhere like a hardware store for two rubber 'furniture-type' feet, of the required height and stick them onto the plastic on either side.

My second idea was to find an old pair of sneakers/other shoes/anything else appropriate you can think of/ which contains suitable firm grey rubber and with a very sharp craft knife try to carefully fashion an appropriately shaped replacement which can then be stuck in place.

Neither suggestion is ideal nor original I know - and the quality of what you end up with depends on how good you are at improvising/crafting.

Finally: Option 3... Buy an almost totally trashed RC from somewhere very, very, cheap... But that's probably financial madness! :)

Out of interest- how did you lose it? Just dropped off unobserved?

I appreciate especially the second creative suggestion, though i'm not an amazing rubber carver..

I lose it in 'Valli di Comacchio', after a FPVLR antenna mod, forgetting to replace double sided tape

Easily done... :(

I've just realised that the moulded shape and thickness aren't actually that critical. How about trying to pick up something like this locally and cutting it to shape for both sides?

It could look smart enough, even if not original. Self Adhesive Non-slip Mat Sticky Pads Anti Slip Rubber Furniture Buffers Pads | eBay

It says these are 4.5 mm thick.

Or maybe even one of those car dashboard non-slip mats for a mobile phone cut into shape?

if you wanna cover shipping from Oregon, USA, i'll send ya one from an old RC.

Might you have the spare rubber charger plug cover for that old RC you'd be willing to send? I've been looking for one for ~2 years now. I'd cover shipping.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers