Rubber dampers on the zenmuse gimbal which ones are best

Reaction score
Rubber dampers on the zenmuse gimbal which ones are best to use as there are 3 sets in the box black / white & grey ones & what do the different colours do ???

jigsaw57 said:
I used the ones that were already installed. The black ones and they work great.

Cool any idea what the others are like ??? Or when to use

Black are the hard ones, grey are the medium and white are the soft, generaly black works great, but test for yourself.

Regards.

Someone on this forum had done a test of the dampers using different configurations. His results suggested that a combination using the white (soft) ones on the sides and the black (hard) ones on front and back. That's my set up as well and I find it works well. You may want to try others if you have the time. Good luck!

I recently tried the white (soft) and they jello'd pretty bad. The blacks seems to be the best from my experience. You really don't appreciate the black ones until you try different ones.

So black ones it shall be thanks all

So I doubt this is correct, but this was my speculation...

The other bushings are labeled 30 deg and 40 deg, the 30s being the softest and 40s being the medium. Since rubber gets harder the colder it is, maybe the softer ones are used in colder ambient temperatures?

With that said, I have only used the preinstalled black bushings and have noticed no jello in outdoor temps down to 20deg F.

ericty said:
Someone on this forum had done a test of the dampers using different configurations. His results suggested that a combination using the white (soft) ones on the sides and the black (hard) ones on front and back. That's my set up as well and I find it works well. You may want to try others if you have the time. Good luck!

Can you explain how you arrange these as I can't work it out. If you have white on the sides there isn't a front and back left :s

brinh123 said:
ericty said:

Can you explain how you arrange these as I can't work it out. If you have white on the sides there isn't a front and back left :s

This was for the Zenmuse H3-2D on a Phantom 1 where the bracket was a 'cross or t' configuration. The dampers were positioned with one forward (near the nose), rear, left, and right. Hope that clears things up.

brinh123 said:
ericty said:

Glad it wasn't just me thrown off by that!

I personally use the standard white ones however will be giving the harder black ones a go based on this thread, thanks!

Mine came installed with the white ones, not the black.... the black ones I have are also most obviously the SOFTEST ones but some people here say they are the hardest.... . I have jello at faster speeds and when the wind is blowing... meaning at higher prop rotations... I figure this means I need prop balancing as it does not happen at hover or slow speeds... or even when it's really bright.

Going to stick with the white and try prop balancing first.... then maybe go softer a little to see...

I was able to get rid of most all of the jello with the soft black ones. You will have to reduce your gains to around 100 or it may jitter as mine did.

Tom

Another reason why you get different dampeners is because variables like temperature. If you are in the extreme heat vs cold. Don't use soft Dampeners in Arizona or if you are filming somewhere in the dead of winter the soft ones won't be as Jello'y

So, for zenmuse H3-3D:

The white ones are softest ones and came preinstalled. Have someone tried to change to black ones? I notice some jello with the white ones. Maybe the grey ones are the best for mid temperatures 20-30º?

Thanks in advance

What dampeners are you using in warmer climate? I will be going to the caribbean in jan - feb next year and would like to use the best for that climate.

janjo2013 said:
So, for zenmuse H3-3D:

The white ones are softest ones and came preinstalled. Have someone tried to change to black ones? I notice some jello with the white ones. Maybe the grey ones are the best for mid temperatures 20-30º?

Thanks in advance

ExtraKim said:
What dampeners are you using in warmer climate? I will be going to the caribbean in jan - feb next year and would like to use the best for that climate.
I use Black 50° in that temperatures, if you experience some jello try to insert some ear plugs in the dampeners or sorhothane.

Some example (it was very windy), almost no jello, only on the main frame at start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Xo-7hhEZSk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj