Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Rubber Dampers for Gimble

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by WWK888, Feb 14, 2016.

1. WWK888

When attaching the securing clip to the pin, how far to you push it on? I am assuming the damper should not be compressed at all but it seem these pins could come loose very easily. I have secured the other two holes with zip ties.

#1 WWK888, Feb 14, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  2. eaglegoaltender

They all come with just 2 retaining pins - just push securing nut/washer on till it clicks (sorta clicks - lol) and it is secure on the pin (it will have some clearance and movement in it and meant to have so as not to interfere with the gimbal dampers/shocks.

Some people have done what you did with securing the other two areas. Some zip-ties have a wire running through them and some are just plastic. Probably nothing to worry about - but I wouldn't use the metal zip ties (that's just me). Electrical plastic cable ties are good - but again not necessary.

WWK888 likes this.
  3. garykeithmead1

Just until it clicks. they should not come off unless you crash. Zip ties are what most people use on the other two, just make sure you don't compress the damper with the tie and then cut the long end off.

WWK888 and eaglegoaltender like this.