RTH

Reaction score
Thought i would share my RTH experience,
It was a lovely day yesterday in the UK, wanted to test distance, and RTH, so sent out quad pretty happy with distance, then thought i would give RTH a try, it stalled for a while then started return in the meantime my heart was pounding like a good un, never been so worried and excited like that for a long long time.
Must say it is an awesome bit of kit.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

did you get the hand shakes

Reactions: JBJO
Thought i would share my RTH experience,
It was a lovely day yesterday in the UK, wanted to test distance, and RTH, so sent out quad pretty happy with distance, then thought i would give RTH a try, it stalled for a while then started return in the meantime my heart was pounding like a good un, never been so worried and excited like that for a long long time.
Must say it is an awesome bit of kit.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
I have lost signal while flying out over 4 miles. The craft stops for a minute, goes to your return home altitude, and begins flying home (as advertised). After a minute or two, I've always been able to re-establish signal and begin flying it myself again. I think the RTH function would be useful if your controller stopped working for some reason and you couldn't re-establish a connection with the Phantom. Then it would fly home and land in front of you while you waited, drinking a cold one, to calm your nerves.

I have lost signal while flying out over 4 miles. The craft stops for a minute, goes to your return home altitude, and begins flying home (as advertised). After a minute or two, I've always been able to re-establish signal and begin flying it myself again. I think the RTH function would be useful if your controller stopped working for some reason and you couldn't re-establish a connection with the Phantom. Then it would fly home and land in front of you while you waited, drinking a cold one, to calm your nerves.
How did you manage 4 miles I thought they were only good for 1.2 miles,
I only went out according to data 17595 ft, will try full distance once weather picks up again, heavy rain and wind at moment.

over water you can go really long distance

I only went out according to data 17595 ft, will try full distance once weather picks up again, heavy rain and wind at moment.
There is nothing to interfere with the signal where I live. Here is a picture of my screen with the distance on it. I'm also flying up slope so that my also help the signal.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 338
little high up there I see wouldn't post that

little high up there I see wouldn't post that
It looks high, but I was flying up slope from where I launched. We've measured the ground out there and it's 350' higher in elevation from where we take off. Go up a slight hill like that seems to help the signal stay stronger for longer.

Your signal is as good as where you live. More houses, wires, cars....the less distance on the signal. I live in the Arizona desert and there is nothing to interfere with the signal or the Phantom.

lived in phx for 35 years miss Mexican food fl is mostly seafood

Reactions: Deputy Dog
Your signal is as good as where you live. More houses, wires, cars....the less distance on the signal. I live in the Arizona desert and there is nothing to interfere with the signal or the Phantom.
That's good news I live with lots of open farmland, so when more experienced hope to get some good distance,

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4