RTH vs Return to RC

Reaction score
Okay, question. So you do you pre-flight checks. Set your home point to current map location. Take off. Let's say, Fly 5,000 feet out. Land or accidentally reset the home point to that location 5,000 feet out or the Home point gets reset. I get you can use the map to fly back to home location based off using the flight route on the map. My question is, can you tap the map somewhere, and or reset the home point to where the controller is. Not last point of aircraft landing or accidentally reset. Just asking. I have been using the simulator a lot and was messing around with it and noticed that after landing (obviously gets set to that home point now). But when using the maps will not let you return to last known site of the RC.. Not sure if anyone's experienced this in real flights. As I would think not. But just one of those what if's

Last edited:
If you're using a phone for your smart device, or a tablet with GPS or cellular, you can easily set your a new homepoint where the RC is located. Wifi only iPads won't allow this.

You can reset the home point in the "MC Settings" section of DJI GO.

Excellent thank you John, I'm currently using an iPad mini 4 with both wifi and cellular. Had my bird out earlier to see where this option was located in the GO app and have found the icon regarding the RC location. I had traded in my mini 4 wifi only earlier so now see the difference with locating it. Once again I appreciate the response

Thanks msinger.. I've read the manual on it numerous times, guess I was just mixed up in the simulator mode since you cannot actually use the map during flights. Thanks again

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj