RTH setting

Everyone has different settings depending on their location. I put mine on 90 metres as the tallest towers around me are 80 metres. But some guys go higher esp if their is mountains. We all have different heights lol [emoji13]

Neon Euc

That makes sense lol..all i really have to worry about is trees....i get so confused with the meters i wish it would just say feet and I'd quickly get a better understanding

Reactions: Neon Euc
i get so confused with the meters i wish it would just say feet

You can change the units to imperial in the DJI Go app > camera view > top right corner (three dots) > general settings. Dave

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Some settings are specified in meters regardless of the units setting. Limits are just some of such settings that must be set in meters. A good approximation is that meters are close to 3 feet.
400 feet is about 121 meters.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I always set my RTH altitude to the tallest obstacle above the home point plus another 50 feet. The altitude is estimated, so you don't want to forget to add a buffer to make up for any error.

That makes sense lol..all i really have to worry about is trees....i get so confused with the meters i wish it would just say feet and I'd quickly get a better understanding
Lol boy don't I know that. I still get confused on that myself lol

Neon Euc

To be honest today was my first time flying a" real "drone (Phantom 4 Pro)... set it all up with my iPad Mini 2 and all went great I was in beginners mode the entire time... in the past I've only had toys, however this might sound crazy to you Pro's but I thought it was a way to view aerial footage without having to download first. I went into the DJI app after shooting the video and viewed the flight data but that was all i could see no video? It was looking like Google earth

1. with your phantom turned on and app running , camera view , lower right corner you will find a play button where you can view your photos and video , if your video settings are 1080p or lower you can download to your device , if your video is 2.7k or higher you cannot download to your device
2. general settings in app option to " cache video while recording " will record lower quality 720p video to your device when you fly , while recording higher quality on sd card.

O
1. with your phantom turned on and app running , camera view , lower right corner you will find a play button where you can view your photos and video , if your video settings are 1080p or lower you can download to your device , if your video is 2.7k or higher you cannot download to your device
2. general settings in app option to " cache video while recording " will record lower quality 720p video to your device when you fly , while recording higher quality on sd card.
Ohhhh that's cool then...thanks so much..i even googled it before i posted it and couldn't find anything.

Am I wrong in thinking you can't set RTH height to imperial ?
I have Go4 set to imperial but RTH and Max Height are still in meters.

The tallest tree within about a mile of me is about 140' (I think). I've flown over it at 160' so I know it's less than that. My RTH height is 200'.

I always like to post a pic of the tree's trunk with my better half for reference :). Funny part it's about a mile walk due to irrigation ditches but it's only 500' away for the phantom.

1902858_10203219416341378_3975970401716511476_n.jpg

Last edited:
I have Go4 set to imperial but RTH and Max Height are still in meters.

The tallest tree within about a mile of me is about 140' (I think). I've flown over it at 160' so I know it's less than that. My RTH height is 200'.

I always like to post a pic of the tree's trunk with my better half for reference :). Funny part it's about a mile walk due to irrigation ditches but it's only 500' away for the phantom.

View attachment 74997
So, 500 ft as the crow flies, but who wants to fly with an old crow? :rolleyes:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl