RTH question

Reaction score
I have a P3P and I use an Ipad Air2 as the tablet for it. When flying today I wanted to try to change the RTH from the original take off position to that of the tablet, I believe it is called the Dynamic Home Point feature. When I touched the button to change, I got a message that said the GPS signal in my device was "too weak" to allow re-designation of the home point. Not exact words, but words to that effect. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this happen, and if there is any remedy for it. Thanks.

I believe you can link it via wi-fi to a personal hotspot with your phone as a workaround. Someone will chime in to say for sure.

You read my mind...that was going to be my next question. So I can possibly use my cellphone as the hotspot for the ipad wifi and obtain a new Dynamic Home Point. Any frequency concerns?

And I am a novice at all of this and trying to learn....I had originally assumed my Ipad had a GPS chip in it when I downloaded the Google Earth app and it showed my location (using wifi admittedly). So I am not completely clear on how this technology works, but really enjoy learning about it.

BTW - learned on an FC-40 for I received for Christmas, saw my bro in laws P2V+and was in awe....and now own the P3P. The technology still just blows me (and everybody who watches me fly) away.

Thanks for the info!

Last edited:
You read my mind...that was going to be my next question. So I can possibly use my cellphone as the hotspot for the ipad wifi and obtain a new Dynamic Home Point. Any frequency concerns?

And I am a novice at all of this and trying to learn....I had originally assumed my Ipad had a GPS chip in it when I downloaded the Google Earth app and it showed my location (using wifi admittedly). So I am not completely clear on how this technology works, but really enjoy learning about it.

BTW - learned on an FC-40 for I received for Christmas, saw my bro in laws P2V+and was in awe....and now own the P3P. The technology still just blows me (and everybody who watches me fly) away.

Thanks for the info!

You should not be running additional wifi on your devices unless you want both your video and control signal interfere with from it. Just live without using dynamic home point or take he plunge for a cellular version of the iPad.

Simple fix. Going to use Dynamic home point. Use your iPhone. It will work just fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav