RTH point is not where I am standing on the map

Reaction score
Hellooo.

So I went to the beach yesterday to film and when it set the RTH point, it shows on the map as in the surf (about 40m away), not on the beach where I was standing.

Is this just the map being a little off, or will the drone end up in surf? Not sure how to trust the location and didn't want to test it.

I may have landed where I was, or would it recalculate exactly once airborne.

I point the camera down when the drone starts to descend after the RTH command. If it isn't pointing to where I want to land I cancel the auto RTH and land manually. Don't know if that is correct but it does get me where I want to be. Most of the time I find I land within a foot or so from where I take off.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Cheers, just went and looked again, the map shows water where i am standing, but If I switch to satellite view, it shows the beach and my point is accurate.

I point the camera down when the drone starts to descend after the RTH command. If it isn't pointing to where I want to land I cancel the auto RTH and land manually. Don't know if that is correct but it does get me where I want to be. Most of the time I find I land within a foot or so from where I take off.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Great, so good to know i can take back over if needed.

So I went to the beach yesterday to film and when it set the RTH point, it shows on the map as in the surf (about 40m away), not on the beach where I was standing.
Is this just the map being a little off, or will the drone end up in surf? Not sure how to trust the location and didn't want to test it.
As multicoptertec says, the recorded home point should be within a few feet of where the Phantom is and it would be very unusual if it was more than that.
Keep an eye on this in future but to investigate this one, go to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload the flight record.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides and I can check exactly where the recorded home point was.

As said above, it was just the map image mode, the MAP only mode showed water where I was, but the satellite map mode (real image) showed the beach. So id say the simple map is not accurate. I did a RTH test and all was mint. and I have to Say this thing is amazing.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers