RTH obstacle avoidance off by default? Also RTH retrace path?

Reaction score
So I found this setting in the GO 4 app. You go to the settings > aircraft > advanced > and there is a button that says "RTH Remote Obstacle Avoidance" that is disabled by default. So doesn't this need to be turned on, otherwise OA will not work during any RTH operation?

Another question I have is, in the DJI video on the site for the P4P it shows the phantom doing an RTH by retracing its path back to home. But I have tried doing both failsafe and smart RTH and in both cases mine never retraces steps, it simply goes to RTH height and then makes a beeline home. How do we enable the retracing of the path for RTH?

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    286.1 KB · Views: 556
I've asked this same question on the forum about a dozen times but so far no one seems to know.

So I found this setting in the GO 4 app. You go to the settings > aircraft > advanced > and there is a button that says "RTH Remote Obstacle Avoidance" that is disabled by default. So doesn't this need to be turned on, otherwise OA will not work during any RTH operation?

Another question I have is, in the DJI video on the site for the P4P it shows the phantom doing an RTH by retracing its path back to home. But I have tried doing both failsafe and smart RTH and in both cases mine never retraces steps, it simply goes to RTH height and then makes a beeline home. How do we enable the retracing of the path for RTH?
I can only open the APP cause I dont have my controller but thats different then what I see, I'm missing the RTH Remote Obstacle Avoidence slider
app.JPG

Interesting, I see it on my P4P+ (Android). Are you using iOS? Or maybe the option doesn't display if you are not connected.

Ok so it sounds like the retrace only occurs when the drone is not connected to the TX. If any connection is restored at all it will do the usual beeline return. I'll have to test this.

Hers is how I believe it works.
Fly a path, then upon signal loss the bird will backtrack in an attempt to reconnect and if that reconnection happens, the bird will stop and hover, thus giving you the option to start controlling it. However, if you do not begin to operate control in 10 seconds, it will perform a normal RTH, thus rising to your present RTH altitude and beeline home.

I have not tested this, but that's what I understand.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Hers is how I believe it works.
Fly a path, then upon signal loss the bird will backtrack in an attempt to reconnect and if that reconnection happens, the bird will stop and hover, thus giving you the option to start controlling it. However, if you do not begin to operate control in 10 seconds, it will perform a normal RTH, thus rising to your present RTH altitude and beeline home.

I have not tested this, but that's what I understand.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
That sounds right to me yea.

Reactions: Traveler

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31