RTH may not work with third party apps

Reaction score
Saw this today on my iPad from FlightLogic AutoPilot App. Thought I would share...
2818e032b80c3b2e0f5545ce19602447.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

At least one active thread on this issue.

Im gonna have to check in three places to catch Autoflight logic's reaponses now.

Which im hoping they will.

This is interesting and definately needs our test, because IF there is a signall loss THEN no app is connected, because aircraft have just no signal.
So it should not make a difference when we are using Litchi or DJI GO or something else.
Especially a 1.5 f/w is worth testing because this is the last good f/w before Geo.

prerequsition:
- fully charged battery:
- RTH option in DJI go set on Return To Home
- perform test on Litchi app.

The test is simple:
1. place a bird on flat open area
2. record homepoint, take off and fly a few meters
3. turn off RC.
4. aircraft should perform RTH and land after rth time (10 or 15 seconds)

Could anyone test it? I have bad weather.

I use RTH all the time with Litchi, I do normally use the button on the controller tho and have not tried with lost signal. I won't be able to test it today but will by Saturday. Make sure you get more than 20 meters away from home point before you shut off controller or it will just land.

This is interesting and definately needs our test, because IF there is a signall loss THEN no app is connected, because aircraft have just no signal.
So it should not make a difference when we are using Litchi or DJI GO or something else.

That's the scary bit about this bug. Some side effect seems to be that the RTH on signal loss is being deactivated. Or, perhaps it is setting it to hover as a default instead of RTH on signal loss, which would explain why the RTH still works when the battery gets low.

It does make a difference. DJI GO does not use the 3rd part APIs that are provided for other SW companies to interface with the P3. Their SW probably bypasses the APIs and talks natively to the bird. Also, as I understand it, there are multiple APIs that can be involved with initiating a RTH, and there is a bug in one of them that DJI has apparently acknowledged and has said will be fixed in the next FW release.

So, it will make a difference which app, and even which mode your in.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I use RTH all the time with Litchi, I do normally use the button on the controller tho and have not tried with lost signal. I won't be able to test it today but will by Saturday. Make sure you get more than 20 meters away from home point before you shut off controller or it will just land.

I've lost signal with Litchi and it performed an RTH–after finishing the mission–as I had set in the program per Litchi.

Have you hit the RTH button during a Litchi mission?

S

To be clear, this ONLY affects third party apps if they use this one very specific API. This API can be thought of as "bare-metal", and it used by Autopilot because we have our own custom flight controller. There are other, higher level APIs which are not affected by the firmware issue, and if other apps use only use those APIs, they should not be affected.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers