RTH Max Height and Ridges/Valleys

Reaction score
If you are flying on a tree-lined ridge next to a valley, and the trees on your operating level are 60ft, what should you set the RTH max height for if you fly the drone down into the valley? Do you have to add, let's say, another 50 ft on top of the 60 ft in case you hit the RTH button while down in the valley? Or does the Phantom know you went below it's RTH point and does the math itself?

If you are flying on a tree-lined ridge next to a valley, and the trees on your operating level are 60ft, what should you set the RTH max height for if you fly the drone down into the valley? Do you have to add, let's say, another 50 ft on top of the 60 ft in case you hit the RTH button while down in the valley? Or does the Phantom know you went below it's RTH point and does the math itself?
your HP is 0ft, every other height is relative to that.

your HP is 0ft, every other height is relative to that.

OK, I think I follow you. So if I go below myself, I do not need to take that into consideration if the HP is right in from of me? If I hit RTH in the valley, it won't go up the extra 60 feet until it hits 0 ft? BTW, I'm asking this because I will be flying in exactly this scenario this weekend. I just want to be sure.

Your Phantom knows when it drops below the altitude of the takeoff point. If that happens, you'll see a negative altitude in the DJI GO app. If RTH is enabled, your Phantom would fly up to 0 ft and then to your RTH altitude.

Your Phantom knows when it drops below the altitude of the takeoff point. If that happens, you'll see a negative altitude in the DJI GO app. If RTH is enabled, your Phantom would fly up to 0 ft and then to your RTH altitude.

Got it. thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20