RTH landing question

Reaction score
When RTH function is initiated on my P2+v3, either manually or due to loss of signal it works as it should. Climbs to altitude and heads for the hp. Now when it starts to decend I usually toggle S1 and take control. But I have noticed that when I do this it starts to decend quite rapidly and I have to stop it by pushing up on the left stick a bit. I dont remember it doing that before. I recall it stopping the decent and hovering when S1 was toggled. Can someone verify? Thanks Jack

I've noticed on my P2V that when I do as you describe, the craft goes into ATTI mode for half a second or less (I can see this on my data log), and it will sometimes shake violently and then stabilize, and while this is happening, yes, it is still dropping momentarily. And this makes sense since toggling S1 is, after all, putting it in ATTI mode for a split second. But I wouldn't say it's dropping faster than it was, at least not that I've noticed. It is a little alarming though when I watch the video later. The shaking would be a lot more obvious on video with a P2V than with a P2V+, so yours might be shaking too and you don't notice. But the shaking stabilizes after half a second. As a rule, I don't come straight down though.

You jut answered the question yourself... When you flip the S1 switch you regain control and you are now flying the Phantom. You will have to push back up to stop the decent and come in for a slower landing. You are now in control!

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Thanks RoyVa. I think it used to stop and hover after toggling the S1, instead of increasing rate of decent.

If you toggle S1 to middle then back to up to regain control, assuming you have >= 6 sats, the craft should hover stationary with sticks released.
Yeah, thats what it used to do. Thats why it caught me off guard. It was about 20' high when I toggled S1 and in started decending pretty rapidly. I caught it just a couple feet high. Not sure why it does that now. I have tried it a few more times again and same thing. I can stop it and ready for it now. Just wondering why it does that.

Your correct when you toggle it should stop and hover till you give it another command. If it was me I would try to fix it by re doing my IMU and RC calibrations. Let us know how you make out.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4