RTH - how to recover from?

Reaction score
RTH seems to work quite nicely. Does exactly what it's supposed to do - return to home. My problem is that once it is home I can't figure out how to (after turning the Tx back on) get the copter's attention. I've moved the sticks in all sorts of directions, flicked switches, and cycled the power. Sometimes it all of a sudden works, but I can't figure out which thing I did made it work.

careysb said:
RTH seems to work quite nicely. Does exactly what it's supposed to do - return to home. My problem is that once it is home I can't figure out how to (after turning the Tx back on) get the copter's attention. I've moved the sticks in all sorts of directions, flicked switches, and cycled the power. Sometimes it all of a sudden works, but I can't figure out which thing I did made it work.

-put throttle at 50% or as a tad bit higher (or the copter will drop once you regain connection)
-turn on Transmitter
-switch from GPS to ATTI and you should be able to regain control

Personally I have found pushing the RTH button again does the trick for me. You can also cancel it on the screen cant you? Or are we talking about a loss of signal, battery going flat type of RTH? The sort where the copter itself initiates a RTH?

Personally I have found pushing the RTH button again does the trick for me. You can also cancel it on the screen cant you? Or are we talking about a loss of signal, battery going flat type of RTH? The sort where the copter itself initiates a RTH?
This. For an operator induced RTH, you can cancel it the way you describe. If it is a automatic RTH triggered by loss of signal, well, you're not going to get control back until you get signal back (which should happen after a bit). Then you can cancel via the app or button. Turning the RC off and on does work but you waste time and the link should establish automatically.

Smart RTH, which is triggered by a low battery condition, can't be cancelled, just modified a bit. RTFM.

Point the antenna at the Phantom constantly, regain signal, cancel RTH and fly it in/down.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic