Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

RTH height in app question

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by tritontr21, Dec 18, 2014.

1. tritontr21

Is this only for when enabling Dynamic Home point?

PV2+3.0

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

No. That setting should always be set before taking off. If your Phantom returns home by itself, it'll first ensure it's at that height before starting its journey back to the home point.

3. tritontr21

Well I manually set a home lock when I take off and get to a safe altitude to clear all trees etc. I'll dial that one in for back up. I see it's also available in the software assistance program. Guess I'm confused on which one does what etc.

4. tritontr21

Well I manually set a home lock when I take off and get to a safe altitude to clear all trees etc. I'll dial that one in for back up. I see it's also available in the software assistance program. Guess I'm confused on which one does what etc.

5. h4v0c6

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong... Home lock has nothing to do with altitude. RTH and home lock are two separate functions.

6. tritontr21

That was my fault. Should have read "I locked in a "home point."

I just went and tested it. DHP and it's awesome.

7. msinger

Approved Vendor

Home is the location on the ground where your Phantom will land if the RTH feature is triggered.

The "Current RTH Altitude" determines how high your Phantom will climb before it starts returning to home. If it's set to 100 feet and your Phantom is at 50 feet when RTH is triggered, your Phantom will climb 50 feet and then start returning home.

8. tritontr21

Yah. I understood that. The confusion was I had it set in the assistance software and noticed the option also in the app.

After testing earlier it seems it carries over to the app when i fore everything up. The DHP was also throwing me a curve.

I set a manual HP and then walked away and tested DHP. it came to where I went and selected FS.

So Def gives me lots of options and understand it much better now.