RTH height (again)

Last night I gave it a try and it did not work. I went up to 200 feet directly above me and reset the home point. I got the fast green flashing lights to confirm it. I then flew a hundred feet away and descended to 20 feet (as shown on my iphone screen). This certainly looked like 20 feet above my original takeoff spot, not 20 feet above the new home. When I turned off the control to initiate the RTH the p2v+ rose to it's usual 66 feet and returned. It DID NOT add the extra height. FAIL

This is weird thing. Some people swear resetting home will reset altitude, too. Some don't. I believe both are "right". I have never succeeded resetting the altitude.

The question is, what's the reason P2s behave differently?

could be firmwares. none are posting FM's on their replies. im think vets like dirty bird(DB) dont use the latest/greatest FM's.

i have a new P2V+ only 1 month old which is fully updated to 3.04. i will test DB's tips and get back.

my bird did do some RTH's on me when it was stock in the first month of the warranty. i have since done FPVLR stage 2 which i havent tested yet.

im going to follow DBs sequence...do the test right in my testing field. if it works it works. no need to fly into another field with trees between....

Agree, it may be firmware dependent. I just have no success since 1.08, And DJI does not tell about FW version dependencies. Have not seen any DJI documentation stating reset of "home location/point" will reset the altitude.

Drunken sparrow has no hope to get sober...

skulltronix said:
Last night I gave it a try and it did not work. I went up to 200 feet directly above me and reset the home point. I got the fast green flashing lights to confirm it. I then flew a hundred feet away and descended to 20 feet (as shown on my iphone screen). This certainly looked like 20 feet above my original takeoff spot, not 20 feet above the new home. When I turned off the control to initiate the RTH the p2v+ rose to it's usual 66 feet and returned. It DID NOT add the extra height. FAIL

This is strange because I reset the Home Point altitude all the time and it works perfectly. The way I confirm the new height is set is, as soon as I get the rapid green flash, I just trigger RTH and she climbs straight up an additional 20m (~66').

I am in NAZA mode, running firmware 3.0. What mode & firmware do you have?

I just reset mine at 70 feet. Once I got the flashing green lights, I went out 300 feet out and turned the controller off. It climbed to 130 feet and started back. Thank you Dirty Bird for the tip!

Mine is a PV2+ I bought about 2 weeks ago and updated everything. I'm running NAZA and 3.04 firmware.

We know it works with 3.0 & 3.04, but both are in NAZA mode. I am wondering if this actually works in Vision mode? Could somebody running in Vision mode test and post your results?

I'm replying to this thread instead of the millions of others posted about this topic because I participated in it earlier.

It worked for me today - set the new home point at 20m and triggered RTH, it flew up to 40m before coming down again, where as it didn't work before. This is after I changed from phantom mode to NAZA and also upgraded firmware. Unfortunately I did both at the same time and have no idea which of the changes fixed it.

Good to know it works :)

Just to confirm. I'm running 3.04 (currently) in NAZA. Flew up to 50 feet, set a new home point. Flew away, descended to the deck at hit RTH. Phantom flew up to over 100 feet and returned to its start point.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20