rth function

Reaction score
i flew my p3p the other day..the second flight since getting it back from dji..i had a good flight..drone went 3.2 miles before i decided to bring it back..temp was about 36 degrees..a quarter of the way back i lost the signal and the drone went into rth.then i got disconnected and didnt come back on like it usually does.what did i do?i panicked..thinking my drone was gone,i went looking for it ..i walked through field after field till i was tired out...went back to where i had taken off from and there was my drone about 200 feet away from where i took off..can anyone tell me why it landed (safely thnk god) tht far from its taking off point..battery power was low by this point..was it because of tht ?

If the battery reached the critically low level, your Phantom would have auto landed at its current location. Perhaps it reached the critically low battery level before it made it back to the home point.

Reactions: grin factor
and there was my drone about 200 feet away from where i took off..can anyone tell me why it landed (safely thnk god) tht far from its taking off point
As usual, the answer to mysteries like this can probably be answered with msinger's excellent flight record analyser.
Go to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.
If you need help understanding it, you can post a link here.

thanks for your replies..i failed to mention that the drone overshot its takeoff point by 268 feet..i did calibrate the compass before takeoff..after uploading the flight log this is what i found,at 7m 37 sec there is a low power returning home message battery power was at 68 percent.i have the RTH altitude set at 70m.. everything was ok till 15m.24.2sec battery cells 1 and 4 were 3.473.cells 2 and 3 were 3.523 and 3.501..now this is where it gets confusing..at 15m 30.2 sec the drone auto landing begins..home distance 3.6 ft battery level at 27percent..altitude 357.9 ft.at 15m31.3sec all cells normal..home distance now at 24.3 ft.battery at 27percent..at 15m33.8sec home distance now at 105.3 feet battery is at 27percent cell 1 at 3.485 cell 2 at 3.553 ,cell 3 at 3.523,cell 4 at 3.49..final entry showed that at 15m42.6sec all cells ok..altitude 295.9ft home distance now at 268ft battery at 26percent..nothing shows after that ..i do appreciate what you all do here..im so glad i found this forum

It would be easier to follow along if you would post a link to your flight log.

After your Phantom made it back to the home point and started auto landing, you continued to hold the right stick in the full up position. That caused your Phantom to keep flying forward as it was landing. After you let go of the right stick, it coasted to a stop and was 268 feet (or more) away from the home point. Your log is cut off at the end, so I cannot see how far away it was when it landed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers