RTH Distance

Reaction score
Not sure if I am remembering right but some where I thought I saw a RTH landing area. I know you have to take it out 20m from home to initiate RTH and in that circle it will simply land. But when you RTH properly what is the guesstimate radius it lands from home point? I live in a forest and have a pretty open area to land in but I'm just curious. I seam to remember a 10m radius meaning I would be able to safely RTH on my road. Of course I know I could land it manually or use RTH until it's return then cut it off and set her down. But what's the fun in that there's no risk to simply landing it. (Insert sarcastic voice on last sentence)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

It usually lands within 10 feet of the home point. I always plan for 20 feet to be safe though.

But when you RTH properly what is the guesstimate radius it lands from home point?
It's easy to do some testing for yourself.
You should find that it would usually land within 2 metres because this is the accuracy of consumer GPS that the Phantom uses to mark and find the home point.
It can occasionally be a little more.

That's a whole lot better than 10m thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I think most experienced pilots find it's easier to simply take control of the craft as or even before it descends from RTH anyway, so that eliminates a lot of risk of it landing in an unexpected spot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31