Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

RTH Disaster - P2V+ now for sale

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by skulltronix, May 27, 2015.

1. skulltronix

I took a test flight with my P2V+ that ended in a bad crash. New items included a new iPhone 6+ (with personal hotspot turned on), the upgraded props from DJI and the newest controller from DJI with gimbal control.
    Once locked on GPS I gave it throttle but it would not hover in place. I then took it up to 100' and flew it about 300' away when I got the RTH warning and loss of connection. I attempted to fly it back at the same altitude but it dropped quickly into telephone wires that were only 25'.

The camera aluminum bracket was bent past repairable. Another $600+ ??

I'm not sure which of the new changes caused the issue/s. Perhaps something unrelated. But at this point I'm not willing to spend another $600+ on a new camera. This would be my second. So-- P2V+ with broken camera, extra battery, extra props and latest controller for sale. Make offer.

2. 4wd

4wd

Having the hotspot turned on probably wasn't a good plan.

3. TeamYankee

I'm glad you don't fly a full sized aircraft... if it wasn't "hovering in place" then why keep flying it 300 feet away?

Clearly there was a problem form the start.. "learn by destroying(tm)"

4. MapMaker53

One of the best rules to follow is to immediately land it at the first sign of trouble.

claws likes this.
  5. Sandman1962

Sorry that happened! (Curious, did you calibrate the new controller ?)

I agree with the above, if something is wrong, land.
    My usual practice is, whenever I have done any moderate change, even firmware, use an entire battery as a test flight. Just checking out all the moves, switches, etc. nothing fancy... But just in my yard and certainly LOS.