RTH Decent V/S

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Is there a way to adjust the RTH decent V/S ??
Mine seems too fast at 6mph,
6mph is almost 9 feet ser second, too fast.
My P3P hits hard,

no. but you can take control and land it yourself.

That what I did on my second flight,
50' AGL I pressed the RTH button to
cancel and landed.
I was just curious.

no. but you can take control and land it yourself.
This is always a great idea. With practice, your Phantom will never be able to take off and/or land as accurately as you.

Yes,
Good advice,
Thank you.
My landing are pretty good,
I just thought RTH touch down should
be a bit better, V/S decent at a certain point
above the ground IMO should slow
to around 3 mph 4.4 feet per second,
But, it is what it is.

That what I did on my second flight,
50' AGL I pressed the RTH button to
cancel and landed.
I was just curious.
You can slowly throttle up to slow the descent during RTH, you don't have to take over & do manual.

A while back while on 1.1.9, I used to demonstrate the auto land for people who were always amazed with how smoothly and softly the landings would be once VPS took over at the lower altitudes. When 1.2.x broke VPS for many and many were forced to turn it off, the auto landings became hard by hitting the ground much too fast. As such, I stopped demonstrating it for people. When 1.3.2 came out and fixed VPS, the auto landings were much better, but still not as smooth as 1.1.9. Not terrible however. Even now on 1.4.1, the auto landings are much softer with VPS on than with VPS off, but I don't often have a chance to demonstrate it much anymore. My friends have all seen it by now and they aren't impressed anymore!

Maybe for you, if you normally fly with VPS off try turning it on if you want to demonstrate an auto land. Otherwise, like everyone has said just landing it yourself or even hand catching is much better.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
if you normally fly with VPS off try turning it on
Be careful with that feature too. It has been known to cause issues with taking off and landing. It's really best to only enable it when flying indoors.

Yep, totally learn to land without auto -- in my early days I had too many sudden wind gusts just before the bird touched the ground.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31