RTH and VPS

Reaction score
Hello guys ,

It has been an awesome 3 weeks with my P3P and im hoping to push the boundaries in the coming weekend ! ( more distance and altitude) so lets say somehow i lost signal and RTH is activated, now my home point is kinda middle of a ground but lets say when i lose my signal the altitude was low and there are trees around . Will it automatically increase the altitude when it does RTH? So it wouldn't get damaged from the surroundings ? If it cant what do you guys suggest ??

Also what are the advantages/disadvantages of having VPS on when im flying outside ? Does it give more stability while hovering in the same place ?

Thanks in advance!

You have to set the settings for altitude on RTH situations. I go 40-50ft above the highest known object in the flight area. The VPS is meant for indoor flying. It is to be a option if you are some where that GPS can not get a signal. The majority will probably say to shut it off when flying outside, but I never shut mine down. I feel it gives a much more controllable flight during liftoff and landing down to 2ft.

Last edited:
Thanks flyNfrank!

Just to let you know I edited the word "about" and changed to "above". It now reads as "I go 40-50ft above the highest known".

lets say somehow i lost signal and RTH is activated, now my home point is kinda middle of a ground but lets say when i lose my signal the altitude was low and there are trees around . Will it automatically increase the altitude when it does RTH? So it wouldn't get damaged from the surroundings ?
Lets see what the manual has to say on this topic ...
i-gcvzpRg-L.jpg

RTH is one of the most important topics for a Phantom flyer to understand.
There are 3 kinds of RTH and two whole pages on it in the manual.

I strongly recommend reading and trying it out in a large open area so that if you need to use RTH or if it happens automatically, you'll know how to do it and what it does as well as how to cancel and resume control.
Note that your Phantom has to be more than 60 feet away for RTH to work properly.
Closer than 60 feet it will land where it is.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4