RTH Altitude

• Thread starter Deleted member 27337
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27337

Hey guys,

What is a good RTH Altitude so that the Phantom does not hit anything when returning to home?

Thanks!

I alter the RTH altitude depending on where I fly, when I fly from my property I set it at 30 meters, there is nothing in my flight radius including ground rise that is over 30 meters.
When I fly elsewhere I adjust accordingly.

I always guesstimate the tallest obstacle and add 50 ft.

Hey guys,
What is a good RTH Altitude so that the Phantom does not hit anything when returning to home?
20 metres above whatever obstacles are in your flying area
15 metre trees = 35m RTH
1 metre grassland = 20m RTH
There's no need to go very high in RTH.
It will take extra battery and time to climb high and even more for the descent.
In a low battery situation you don't want to waste whatever battery life you have.

20 metres above whatever obstacles are in your flying area
15 metre trees = 35m RTH
1 metre grassland = 20m RTH
There's no need to go very high in RTH.
It will take extra battery and time to climb high and even more for the descent.
In a low battery situation you don't want to waste whatever battery life you have.
Good tip,thanks I usually go overboard with the height. I'm going to lower it a little.

To clear high tension power lines you need 150ft. Cell towers can be higher at 175 so that means 200 ft. Clears all.

Now the concept RTH altitudes is enough clear, except if there are any contraindications to set an high altitude, i.e. 250 or 300 meters, a part the one of the consumption of battery for reach this altitude in safeRTH, as I live in a mountain city where a building of 10 floor can be higher than a building of 20 floor in a different city point, the center of the city is at 1578 Mt of altitude, but there are points in the city that reach 1680/1700 meters or more, so I probably will set the RTH altitude at 250 or better 300mt. to be absolutely sure.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie