RTH ALTITUDE

Reaction score
Before flight I go to the pilot App and set the RTH Altitude to 30m. (Advanced-Failsafe) I then go to set home point and a message comes up saying it will return to this point at a min altitude of 0.0. I wasn't sure if this was an error so I tested and the Phantom 3 and after take off, flew to about 10 meters and about 40 feet away and pressed RTH. the P3P immediately started to descend to 0 ft. Hard landing but ok.
P3P was all in green and flies fine, but I have never been able to get the RTH altitude to work
P3P firmware 1.2.6, latest iOS app

Be sure the RTH height will clear all obstacles such as trees, buildings, cell towers, high tension wire towers too.

The RTH altitude doesn't register in the P3P. After I push the RTH ( before swiping to acknowledge) the message says it will return at 0.0 altitude. And proceeds to descend where it is,
I have the same results when flying greater distances

Are you setting the RTH in the settings with everything powered up? It should take the setting and save it then.

The RTH altitude doesn't register in the P3P. After I push the RTH ( before swiping to acknowledge) the message says it will return at 0.0 altitude. And proceeds to descend where it is,
I have the same results when flying greater distances
It should be (?) Because RTH is invoked not only by manual, but also by disconnecting with the RC. And items which cannot set whil offlinE (P3 nor RC off) seems to stored in aircraft.

My RTH altitude never "keeps". Each time I start everything up it's always set back to zero. I also have my general settings set to display imperial but the RTH label shows meters...

RoyVa - I have everything powered & connected, this is right before I take off.

Not sure why but after reviewing the manual it indicates the RTH altitude must be set before each flight. If that's the case it's say the RTH altitude is not save or retained and must be done each time.... Why DJI?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj