RTH Altitude not working

Reaction score
For some reason, my P3P simply climbs to infinity when i activate the RTH function. I've tried setting to 200, 250, 300 max altitude. At one point it went to 600' and still climbing. I took control of left stick climb to stop climbing and it then returned home from that altitude safely. It's never done this before. The only thing I've changed is I've disabled the MAX distance option so I can fly much further. I'm updating firmware because the DJI App says firmware update required. Not sure if that will affect it as I've had it work properly last week when it also said update required...any suggestions or experience with this?

Remember, the RTH and max altitude is in meters. So if you are flying with imperial set in the settings (feet), RTH is still in meters so you have to do the math in your head. So, 200, 250, 300, would actually be 656ft, 820ft, and 984ft.
Hope that's it :)

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Reed L and Oso
Remember, the RTH is in meters. So if you are flying with imperial set in the settings (feet), RTH is still in meters so you have to do the match in your head. So, 200, 250, 300, would actually be 656ft, 820ft, and 984ft.

I was just typing the same thing when your reply came in. :)

Remember, the RTH and max altitude is in meters. So if you are flying with imperial set in the settings (feet), RTH is still in meters so you have to do the math in your head. So, 200, 250, 300, would actually be 656ft, 820ft, and 984ft.

That's usually the issue when we see this question. I sure wish they would fix that RTH setting to match the users preferences.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4