RTH Alt. reading

Reaction score
This may be a dumb question , but if I have my measurements set on IMPERIAL , is my RTH Alt. still in Meters ? Or is it in Feet ?

RTH is always in metres, even when everything else is set to Imperial.
If it's set to Imperial only the display data is in Imperial. All of the app setting stay in meters I believe, RTH altitude, max altitude and max distance (if on).

I kinda figured that , I just wanted to make sure . Thanks , I will keep my RTH Alt. set where it is .
If you mean the default. I'd change it, as the default is 20m (65'). I know the trees in Fl aren't the tallest, but I'm sure there's some over 65' tall.

I figure if a RTH is triggered by a weak battery then 120M is asking a lot - and wind up there may be considerably different, and even in a different direction, than where you were flying.

As such I set mine at 80 meters, as I know it can take a surprisingly long time descending from 120.

I don't push my battery, RTH for me usually triggers as a loss of signal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The only structure I have around me is a Cell Tower & I don't even fly that way , so not worried about the craft RTH coming back that way, unless it flies by itself past me to the Tower . I'm well above any of the Pine Tree's or single story homes in my area , so 164' is plenty & I can still see my Drone . I'm not one that is trying to break distance records.

I'm set at 50m , so that would be around 164' , if that 50 is in meter's.
Same here, have it set to 50m. That will clear most tall trees, even if on a small incline.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj